Financial Modelling and Conversion Associate - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Financial Modelling & Conversion Team provides support on a wide range of Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in products. This involves building/converting financial models for our investment banking, sell side research, asset management, government and corporate clients and handling bespoke requirements of these global clients. In addition, as the Associate's skills improve, they will develop complex financial models over time. FMC Associates will also ensure that clients obtain maximum value from the Thomson Reuters Excel based products by deploying and implementing these tools to develop custom business solutions.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Work with Investment Bankers, Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Internal stakeholders and clients from several different financial segments to build/assist in building financial models within Excel.
- Build customized financial models and convert/rebuild client proprietary templates originally built in competitor products such as FactSet, Bloomberg, and CapIQ using Thomson Reuters Add-ins for both buy side and sell side clients. This includes Thomson Reuters Eikon(TREMO), TRMSO, Datastream(DFO/AFO) excel add-ins. Moreover, the Associate should interpret, analyze the user's add in requirements and create workable financial models.
- Interact with clients on a need basis, recommend solutions to them and provide support on excel add-in and desktop with regards to navigation, functionality, content, data quality and entitlements.
- Collaborate with various Thomson Reuters functional teams in order to answer client queries and resolve product/data related issues.
- Proactively support all assigned accounts to promote both increased product usage and further establish Thomson Reuters products into a client's workflow.
- Work with Sales Specialists, Client Specialists and Account Managers to ensure that all Thomson Reuters Excel based projects contribute to new business generation, retention as well as growth at existing accounts.
- Work with other teams (Frontline Support, Technical Support, Content, Product management, Account management, Sales Specialists, and Commercial managers) to quickly resolve client issues.
- Maintain proper account and end user documentation via FMC management systems.
- Assist in the continual development and evolution of the Financial Modelling and Conversion Team skills.
- Communicate regularly with Product Managers about Client feedback on product/content gaps.
- Provide Thomson Reuters Excel Add-ins training to clients via Webex remote training or on-site training as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate the project status to the Manager.
Working Hours: Asia and UK Time Zones. Only Weekday support
- MBA with concentration preferably in finance or finance-related major.
- Candidates pursuing any level of their CFA (AIMR) would be highly desirable.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in financial services industry.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand global financial language and flex communication style accordingly.
- MUST have strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Computer skills - especially Microsoft Excel and VBA (not mandatory though).
- Familiarity with financial concepts and sound understanding about global financial markets.
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to handle complex customer problems independently.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment. High level of engagement with internal groups-GTM & Proposition-to deliver highly customized solutions to end-users.
- Curios and ambitious to learn and master customer workflows and then visualize, design and execute bespoke solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and expected levels of service quality.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and delivering all of them within the timeframe by meeting desired service expectations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top