Financial Markets Specialist
Thomson Reuters, a leading provider of information and technology solutions to the global financial community, is seeking a Financial Markets Specialist for its Trading Specialist team who will provide specialized product and content support to our most valuable customers.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
The Financial Markets Specialist is a member of our global specialist organization, which provides second-level support and communicates directly with clients regarding front-line data or application queries. Queries cover advanced analytical products and content. Specialists serve as the client advocate in assisting in their needs.
Each Specialist covers a specific shift, but may be required to rotate with other Specialists at times. Queue support methods Specialists cover include phone, e-mail, and chat.
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests for assistance directly from the client or from other teams across Thomson Reuters
- Act as a liaison between Service, Sales, and the client, and be an advocate for the client's needs
- Work directly with customers to provide additional information, updates, and resolution to issues escalated from the frontline teams
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the products and markets supported
- Build and maintain relationships with other resolver groups across the organization to ensure appropriate resolutions are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and manage product/service outages
- Analyze various reports to look for opportunities to improve client experience and drive client satisfaction.
- Assist in pre-sales activities by servicing prospects as stated above
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
BA/BS degree- Finance, Business or Economics major or equivalent work experience. CFA candidates, MBA and other advanced degree holders are preferred.
1) Past experience (2-5 years) in the financial industry in the area of financial data, specifically relating to stocks, bonds, futures, options, foreign exchange, or all of the above.
2) Must demonstrate knowledge of a trading professional's workflow, typical industry content and products, and market/industry knowledge.
3) Strong effective communication skills, including succinct writing skills are required, as well as critical reasoning skills in identifying problems and solutions quickly.
4) Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills are required to manage outstanding issues until resolution. Strong follow-up skills and a track record for influencing people outside of your span of control will enable you to excel at this position.
5) Analytical, organized, detail oriented, and disciplined. Proven quick learners (self motivation) and logical reasoning skills.
6) An ability to effectively work within a team and collaborate is required. Comfortable with presentation and web conferencing (such as WebEx or GoToMeeting).
Strong financial-markets and economic field knowledge; Excellent customer service experience and focus; Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; Excellent problem-solving skills; Complete mastery of using the Internet as a research tool; Strong knowledge in a wide-array of Thomson Reuters products and content; Ability to work under pressure
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top