Financial Markets Specialist
ThomsonReuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and humanexpertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in thefinancial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make thedecisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted newsorganization.
TheFinancial Markets Specialist is a member of APAC Trading Specialist Team under ourglobal specialist organization, which provides second-level support andcommunicates directly with clients regarding financial data and applicationqueries. Queries cover advanced analytical financial products and content.Specialists serve as the client advocate in assisting in their needs.
EachSpecialist covers a specific shift, but may be required to rotate with otherSpecialists at times. Queue support methods Specialists cover includephone, e-queries, and live chat.
- Delight our customers in using ThomsonReuters financial data and applications
- Respond quickly and effectively to requestsfor assistance directly from the client or from other teams across ThomsonReuters
- Act as a liaison between Service, Sales, andthe client, and be an advocate for the client's needs
- Work directly with customers to provideadditional information, updates, and resolution to issues escalated from thefrontline teams or received directly from our clients.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the financialproducts and markets supported
- Build and maintain relationships with otherresolver groups across the organization to ensure appropriate resolutions areprovided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and manageproduct/service outages
- Analyze various reports to look foropportunities to improve client experience and drive client satisfaction.
- Assist in pre-sales activities by servicingprospects as stated above
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Commerce, Business or Economics major or equivalentwork experience.
- CFAcandidates, MBA and other advanced degree holders are preferred.
Required Skills &Experience
- Past experience (at least 3-5 years) in thefinancial industry in the area of financial data, specifically relating tostocks, bonds, foreign exchange, money markets, commodities & energy andderivatives (swaps, futures, options, …) across markets or all of the above
- Must demonstrate knowledge of a tradingprofessional's workflow, typical industry content and products, and market/industryknowledge
- Strong effective communication skills,including succinct presentation and writing skills are required
- Strong troubleshooting skills and criticalreasoning skills in identifying problems and solutions quickly
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizationalskills are required to manage outstanding issues until resolution. Strongfollow-up skills and a track record for influencing people outside of your spanof control will enable you to excel at this position
- Analytical, organized, detail oriented, anddisciplined
- Proven quick learners (self-motivation) andlogical reasoning skills
- An ability to effectively work within a teamand collaboration across levels is required
- Strong financial-markets knowledge andexperience especially in financial derivatives areas (interest swaps, futures,options)
- Excellent customer service experience andfocus
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbaland written in English and a plus in an Asia language such as Japanese orMandarin due to the customer base this role will support
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Complete mastery of using the Internet as aresearch tool and competence in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge in a wide-array of ThomsonReuters products and content
- Ability to work under pressure
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top