Financial Documentation Specialist
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Financial Documentation Specialist, Legal Managed Services
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You will join the International Legal Managed Services team based in Gdynia, London, New York and Eagan (MN). Within your role you will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating financial documentation, including Master Agreements documentation for over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives. As an integral part of negotiation process, you will work side by side with relevant stakeholders, in order to ensure that terms of the agreements are within financial and legal guidelines, and the documents are executed in a timely manner. Moreover, you will be responsible for making sure that completed Master Agreements comply with netting, collateral and diligence opinions from various jurisdictions.
IMPORTANCE OF ROLE:
In the wake of the global financial crisis, OTC derivatives have been blamed for increasing systemic risk. With the ever-increasing regulatory landscape raising a lot of unanswered questions, our services help global financial institutions navigate through the maze by managing obligations for relationship and transactional documentation. Also, our team supports financial institutions in complying with approaching regulatory deadlines.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating of documentation for OTCs, such as ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes.
- Reviewing constitutional documents, netting, collateral and capacity opinions for various types of legal entities, as well as assisting with drafting of additional bespoke provisions for particular jurisdictions and entities.
- Keeping informed of market events and regulatory developments impacting the way the business operates.
- Liaising with relevant internal stakeholders (including trading, sales, credit, treasury, tax, legal) over the negotiation process workflow.
- Keeping up to date work in progress records and disseminating information on executed documentation.
DURING THE FIRST WEEKS AT WORK:
- You will undergo an intensive onboarding training and attend sessions that will prepare you to perform your daily tasks efficiently and accurately.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in law (preferable), business administration, European Studies, finance or economics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English to a business fluent level (knowledge of German or French language are also beneficial).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-orientated, strong analytical and drafting abilities.
- Excellent client service and internal coordination skills, both when working individually or as part of a team.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in completing complex documentation within very tight time deadlines.
- Previous experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating Master Agreements and other trading documentation
- Collaborative office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries.
- A wide range of development opportunities through traditional training, on-site and international projects.
- Two days volunteering leave.
- Access to Thomson Reuter's products with real-time economic data.
- Wellbeing Scheme, including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top