Financial Analyst II - SLF Inside Sales Channel
The Financial Analyst II will provide financial and analytical support within Sales & Customer Support (SCS). Primary responsibilities include providing financial business support to the SLF Inside Sales channel. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining monthly reporting and variance analysis, assisting with planning and forecasting processes, and working with business partners on ad hoc projects requiring financial analysis and modeling.
- Partner with management & senior leadership to understand sales & revenue drivers and monitor performance against established targets.
- Manage monthly early look and close process including the preparation of journal entries and variance analysis
- Manage incentive tracking, reporting, flat file submissions, and calculations for manual payments
- Collaborate with sales, commissions, and segment business partners to deliver accurate and timely results, including relevant variance explanations.
- Assist with key initiatives through tracking of incentives and promotions utilized to drive strategic vision.
- Assist with annual territory, quota, and compensation plan modeling
- Actively participate in the annual sales and expense Plan, MYR, and LE processes by providing guidance, support and analytics.
- Think creatively to assist the business in generating ideas to retain and grow revenue
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Deliver timely and accurate information
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 2 years experience in accounting or finance
- Finance and Financial Systems experience, including knowledge of SAP, Hyperion, BEX and Business Objects
- Previous experience using spreadsheets and databases for reporting and analysis (Excel, Access)
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, quantitative and investigative skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team, as well as independently, to drive results and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. A proven ability to present information to management
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top