Financial Analyst - Finance Development Program
The Finance Development Program ("FDP") at Thomson Reuters is a 3-year corporate finance rotational program for high potential new college graduates. The program consists of three 1-year rotations in a variety of corporate finance roles across multiple Thomson Reuters business units. The program is sponsored by the Treasurer of Thomson Reuters and led by the Senior Director of Corporate Finance who carefully vets all rotation options to ensure the best possible career development opportunities for FDP analysts. All rotations are based in the New York metropolitan area. Past rotations have included:
- Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Treasury
- Finance operations in our Financial & Risk business unit
Responsibilities will vary based on rotation placement, however, some common responsibilities shared across multiple rotation assignments include:
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial statements, budgets and related finance reports;
- Develop interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
- Inform and influence management decision-making;
- Become proficient using Finance and Admin systems and reporting tools;
- Understand our customers' needs, and how our product portfolio services them;
- Operate effectively in a large and complex commercial organization;
- Build strong relationships and networks with both finance and business staff;
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in finance, accounting, or economics preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and adjust to new environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Naturally collaborative and partnership oriented
- Thinking globally & desire to work in a diversity focused environment
- Prior professional/internship experience in finance/accounting preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top