Finance Manager - GTM Americas
Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
3 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
Finance Manager - GTM Americas (New York, NY)
As part of the Thomson Reuters' Financial & Risk office of the CFO, the GTM Americas finance department provides overall finance planning and analysis, decision support and finance operations support to the Americas sales organization.
Job Duties: Reporting to the Head of Finance - GTM Americas. Responsible for providing business support and financial leadership to the Canadian sub-regional sales team and the Financial Practice Group sub-regional sales team (which services our largest customers).
The key function of this role is to ensure efficient and profitable operation of the sales organization aligned with broader GTM-Americas and Financial and Risk strategy.
1) Lead the month-end sales close process, collaborating with the sales teams, to ensure sales opportunities are identified and properly registered in TRUST Sales (Thomson Reuter's customer relationship management system).
2) Lead the month-end revenue and cost close processes to ensure both revenue and costs are accurately reported.
3) Lead the monthly sales Flash forecast process, working with sub-regional sales teams.
4) Lead the quarterly sales, revenue and cost forecast and annual budget processes, ensuring they are accurately reflected in Hyperion (Thomson Reuter's financial consolidation, reporting and analysis tool).
5) Develop and produce comprehensive management reporting packages that create a clear view of periodic performance, including types of revenues (recurring, outright and usage related), type of products (desktop, non-desktop, feeds and transactions) and customer segmentation in support of financial and sales objectives.
6) Lead regular financial performance reviews.
7) Provide sales and finance management with in-depth analysis of the business, to support decision making process and/or in specific topics requested on an ad-hoc basis. 8) Perform periodic reviews on key revenue related information, including sales accounted for, pending sales, revenues recognized and credits issued, to ensure accuracy and SOX compliance.
9) Provide key deal support to the sales teams, including developing pricing models and analysis to help sales teams win new business.
10) Develop commission and bonus plans to incentivize the sales force, working with sales managers and the commission team.
11) Review sales transactions in the commission system to ensure that quarterly commission/bonus payments are accurate and in accordance with policy.
12) Act as arbitrator in commission disputes.
13) 10% travel time required - once a quarter to Toronto, Canada 10% travel time required - once a quarter to Toronto, Canada for sales management meetings and regional sale conference.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Business Administration with a focus on Finance, Investment Finance, or related field plus 3 years' experience as a Management Associate with a focus in Finance, or Financial Manager or similar role. Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently: 3 years of experience working in a large-scale business in the information services industry, including gaining understanding market dynamics such as the recurring revenue model and end user reporting; 2 years of experience working as a salesperson, including experience with deal negotiation, contract management and sales pipeline management; 2 years of experience working with ProClarity, SAP,
Siebel and Salesforce CRM systems and including creating customized queries and reports; 2 years of experience managing costs, including designing and managing commission schemes; 3 years of experience in working collaboratively in a large matrix organization, managing multiple objectives with dependencies across internal functions and interacting with all levels of management and finance; 3 years of experience on advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel modelling skills with proven track record of creating presentations and reports to c-level audience; 3 years of experience in a role requiring strong analytical thinking, with a proven track record of creating clear and insightful financial analysis; 10% travel time required - once a quarter to Toronto, Canada for sales management meetings and regional sale conference. Experience may be gained pre, during or after Master's degree.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top