Finance and Accounting Internship - Summer 2019
What better way to kick off an exciting career than an internship at Thomson Reuters? Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, corporate, and tax and accounting markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Finance and Accounting Internship is designed to give interns real-world, applicable professional experience by working on specific projects and being involved in day to day operations just as a Full-Time employee would be expected. We supplement this work with amazing opportunities to meet and network with top executives across TR and provide in-depth training on our corporate culture with plenty of volunteer and fun activities to make the summer memorable!
As an Intern you are asked to provide analysis and recommendations around a specific project. Examples of past projects include:
- Creating a customer-based revenue analysis for a recent acquisition
- Identifying key drivers of revenue attrition and developing recommendations for improved performance
- Developing a dashboard of critical success measures for an operations department
- Reviewing compensation expense planning to drive efficiencies
- Generating capital project performance reporting
In order to be successful attaining these goals, you will:
- Be an Agile Learner . Demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn new knowledge and acquire new skills
- Exercise strong Decision Making Skills and Judgment . Show the ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and then to choose the most appropriate one in a specific situation.
- Act with Integrity . Our actions reflect our values and are principles. We always need to be able to distinguish between right and wrong.
- Be Tenacious . Display determination, persistence and patience and being resilient in the face of adversity.
To be considered, you have these qualifications:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (Graduation date December 2019 to May 2020)
- Previous internship with related experience is desired
- Knowledge of financial and general accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in spreadsheet and other computer applications used in financial reporting and analysis, with an emphasis in Excel and Access
- Good analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top