Field Account Manager - Texas
Thomson Reuters is a 13+ billion dollar corporation that provides the intelligence, technology, and human expertise you need to find trusted answers. Knowledge Solutions is a business unit within Tax & Accounting that works with tax & accounting professionals in various verticals including corporate, professional and legal. We are a leading provider of research and software solutions that allow our clients to make decisions and provide guidance to their client or employer that shape their business reputation and financial strategies. In today's complex regulatory environment tax and accounting professionals struggle to keep up with change and interpret complex scenarios. Thomson Reuters provides the solutions to help these professionals do their job in a more meaningful and efficient manner.
In today's complex regulatory environment tax and accounting professionals struggle to keep up with change. Our Knowledge Solutions is a business unit provides research and software solutions that allow these tax & accounting professionals to make decisions that shape their business reputation and financial strategies and do their job in a more meaningful and efficient manner. In this role, you will be selling industry leading software solutions including Checkpoint, Checkpoint Tools, Checkpoint Learning, and SMART Practice Aids. These tools provide best in class information delivered through unparalleled technology and tools.
This role is a work from home remote position within the Continental United States .
Thomson Reuters offers an excellent compensation and benefits, which includes:
- Competitive base salary and commission structure
- Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k dollar for dollar matching up to 4% of base salary
- Generous profit sharing program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Responsible for the attainment of sales targets and quota on a monthly basis in assigned territory.
- Consult with the client regarding web based marketing strategies and solutions that will meet their business needs and will improve their ability to generate business.
- Strategically grow a customer base through prospecting and cold calling.
- Create and maintain sales pipeline status ongoing by maintaining accurate and complete information in selected CRM database including activity, closing, project forecast, close ratios and market intelligence.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.
- Develop an Annual Business Plan based
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, marketing, or related field; OR, if no degree, 4-5 years outside sales experience for non-manufacturing/non-agriculture product/services.
- Minimum of 2 years successful outside sales experience in professional B2B environments.
- Previous sales experience in: online/advertising environment, payroll, copier or document imaging industries be considered.
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts with little brand equity requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability.
- Proven track record of sales success, fast growth and consistently achieving performance at 100% or above
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services.
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self initiative and discipline.
- Technical aptitude (MS Office, Internet applications, CRM (Salesforce.com)
Other Knowledge, Skills Or Abilities
- Experience working independently with a minimum amount of oversight.
- Continued Formalized sales training
- Advanced professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple top priorities.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced collaborative and in a matrixes organization.
- Strong work ethic and passion for excellence.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and overtime.
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to influence, drives for collaboration but not necessarily consensus.
- Consultative sales approach.
- 7 years sales experience in on premise or SAAS software business application and/or content information.
- Consistent Club/Performance Awards.
- Worked within a multi-division organization with various sales channels.
- Worked in or selling products/services to the tax and accounting industry.
- Experience working with tax and/or accounting concepts and terminology.
Travel (include %)
- Ability to do "wheel and spoke" travel up to 50% within a regional assigned territory
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Plano-Texas-United States of America;Universal City-Texas-United States of America;Houston-Texas-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top