Field Account Manager - Houston
FieldAccount Manager - Houston
Thomson Reuters is a 13 billion dollar corporation thatprovides the intelligence, technology, and human expertise you need to findtrusted answers. Knowledge Solutions is a business unit within Tax &Accounting that works with tax & accounting professionals in variousverticals including corporate, professional and legal. We are a leadingprovider of research and software solutions that allow our clients to makedecisions and provide guidance to their client or employer that shape theirbusiness reputation and financial strategies. In today's complexregulatory environment tax and accounting professionals struggle to keep upwith change and interpret complex scenarios. Thomson Reuters provides thesolutions to help these professionals do their job in a more meaningful andefficient manner.
Solutions such as Checkpoint, Checkpoint Tools,Checkpoint Learning, and SMART Practice Aids are industry leadingtools. They provide best in class information delivered throughunparalleled technology and tools. In this role the Account Manager workswith an existing client base and territory to deliver solutions and help ourclients expand their revenues and capabilities.
Thisrole is a work from home remote position.
ThomsonReuters offers an excellent compensation and benefits, which includes:
- Competitivebase salary and commission structure
- Generousbenefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401kdollar for dollar matching up to 4% of base salary
- Generousprofit sharing program
- EmployeeReferral Bonus Program
- Responsiblefor the attainment of sales targets and quota on a monthly basis in assignedterritory.
- Consultwith the client regarding web based marketing strategies and solutions thatwill meet their business needs and will improve their ability to generatebusiness.
- Strategicallygrow a customer base through prospecting and cold calling.
- Createand maintain sales pipeline status ongoing by maintaining accurate and completeinformation in selected CRM database including activity, closing, projectforecast, close ratios and market intelligence.
- Maintainin-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers businessissues and needs.
- Developan Annual Business Plan based
- Collaboratewith internal stakeholders regarding existing and new clients to identify andresolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential clientrelationships.
- Communicateproduct and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered throughclient activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant businessissues and industry information for utilization in development of marketspecific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participatein marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Bachelor'sDegree in business, accounting, marketing, or related field; OR, if no degree,4-5 years outside sales experience for non-manufacturing/non-agricultureproduct/services.
- Minimumof 2 years successful outside sales experience in professional B2Benvironments.
- Previoussales experience in: online/advertising environment, payroll, copier ordocument imaging industries be considered.
- Proventrack record of developing new customer accounts with little brand equityrequiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closingability.
- Proventrack record of sales success, fast growth and consistently achievingperformance at 100% or above
- Excellentcommunication and time management skills.
- Abilityto develop and deliver presentations.
- Stronginterpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translatethem into products and/or services.
- Demonstratedability to learn a complex product line quickly through self initiative anddiscipline.
- Technicalaptitude (MS Office, Internet applications, CRM (Salesforce.com)
OtherKnowledge, Skills Or Abilities
- Experienceworking independently with a minimum amount of oversight.
- ContinuedFormalized sales training
- Advancedprofessional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Detail-orientedand ability to handle multiple top priorities.
- Abilityto function in a fast-paced collaborative and in a matrixes organization.
- Strongwork ethic and passion for excellence.
- Abilityto work flexible schedule and overtime.
- Excellentfacilitation skills and ability to influence, drives for collaboration but notnecessarily consensus.
- Consultativesales approach.
- 7years sales experience in on premise or SAAS software business applicationand/or content information.
- ConsistentClub/Performance Awards.
- Workedwithin a multi-division organization with various sales channels.
- Workedin or selling products/services to the tax and accounting industry.
- Experienceworking with tax and/or accounting concepts and terminology.
- Abilityto do "wheel and spoke" travel up to 50% within a regional assigned territory
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top