Facility Security Officer
- Develop and administer an effective industrial security program that assures compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual requirements, Special Security Agreement, and all other applicable security requirements.
- Lead policy interpretation for management.
- Develop, implement, and enforce procedures to execute company security policies and agreements.
- Interface directly with the Defense Security Service (DSS).
- Obtain determinations, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations, from DSS and other government agencies as needed.
- Focal point for security inspections and compliance matters to maintain facility clearance.
- Develop, implement, and enforce procedures to comply with the Special Security Agreement (FOCI mitigation) including the following: Electronic Communications Plan, Technology Control Plan, Affiliated Operations Plan, and Facilities Location Plan.
- Serve as primary security advisor to the company board's Government Security Committee; provide security report to GSC at quarterly meetings.
- Develop and conduct security education and awareness briefings; indoctrinate new employees, and conduct debriefings.
- Manage/request personnel investigations, clearances, and access using Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing (eQIP).
- Manage visitor control.
- Investigate security violations, prepare incident reports, disseminate "lessons learned" as appropriate, following completion of an investigation, and recommend specific remedial and preventative actions.
- Liaise with information system administrator to ensure and maintain physical security with the aid of automated security systems, and to maintain information security on unclassified information system.
- Generate and maintain all facility, personnel, and program security files.
- Conduct periodic reviews and self-inspections to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate, prepare, and disseminate visit authorization letters.
- Participate in professional security organizations to keep up-to-date on practices and issues.
Responsibilities also may include, but not be limited to:
- Document control
- Control of classified safes, secure rooms, and/or SCIF
- Classification management
- Review and retention of contract classification guidance
- Top Secret/SCI eligibility
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years as an FSO with FOCI experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and experience implementing NISPOM and/or other security requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with DD254s, Special Security Agreement implementation procedures, Electronic Communications Plan, Technology Control Plan, Affiliated Operations Plan, and Facilities Location Plan.
- Knowledge of JPAS, eQIP, ISFD, eFCL.
- Strong skills in teamwork, communications, and adapting quickly to changes in time constraints or limitations imposed by management or government.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top