Executive Assistant, HR/Talent & Development - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
The Thomson Reuters Talent & Development (T&D) team is a global group which sits within HR and drives our agenda to identify, develop, manage and flow diverse talent across the enterprise. It is a global team based in hub locations around the world.
The Team Executive Assistant supports the effective operation of four leaders at vice president level - three within the T&D team and one within the wider HR team. This EA will ensure their schedules are effectively managed, and help them connect to the rest of the team and to the wider organisation. The role calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of curiosity, and the ability to work well with a wide range of internal and external contacts: for the right person, it will be an interesting, enjoyable and developmental opportunity.
While the role covers four senior leaders, it has a single reporting line into Shannon Shuemake who is based in South Colonnade, and is vice president, Talent & Development.
This role is a maternity cover.
- Plan individual schedules by maintaining Outlook calendars, and setting up meetings through all channels: in person, teleconference, WebEx, Telepresence, videoconference.
- Prioritise and handle incoming calls, correspondence and assist with document preparation and ad-hoc reporting; admin support for team projects
- Making travel and related meeting arrangements
- Acting as a point of contact for external guests (suppliers, interviewees etc), and for the internal team and stakeholders
- Organise logistics for on-site team meetings
- Support HR leaders visiting from other locations (eg, finding desk, connecting printers etc)
- Reconcile month-end Corporate AmEx statements, and submitting expense reports in timely and compliant manner
- Order stationery, IT equipment, and report IT issues for resolution
- Set up new starters, maintain contractors in Fieldglass
- Provide holiday cover for EA colleagues in London HR team as required.
- Act as point of contact for desk changes with local team and facilities.
Skills, experiences, behaviours
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and prioritise workload - especially when under time pressure
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Highly knowledgeable in conferencing technology: Telepresence, videoconference, WebEx etc
- Comfortable with ambiguity, fluidity, and able to deal with changing needs and priorities
- Shows initiative and is proactive; has sense of urgency and drive, and works well with limited supervision
- Used to working with a wide range of individuals at all levels and in a range of locations, functions and business units
- Anticipates situational needs, and thinks logically in light of ongoing developments
- High levels of integrity, comfortable dealing with sensitive business/HR related issues; handles confidential information with discretion
- Good interpersonal and telephone manner
- Interest in Human Resources and Talent & Development
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top