- Position is located in Richmond, VA*
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
Thomson Reuters is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and work in our office located in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of the company. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The preferred candidate for this position is a highly-organized professional individual with excellent communication skills; understand and models the ability to work with senior executives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provide executive-level administrative support
- Handle day-to-day administrative needs of the executive & senior leadership team
- Coordinate calendars, meetings, and time demands with limited supervision
- Recognize urgent and time-sensitive requests
- Advise others on how to best coordinate with the executives and organization
- Use independent discretion to manage, modify, schedule and decline requests
- Arrange global travel reservations, including: multi site visits, meetings with internal & external participants, and flexibility to make last minute changes
- Perform a variety of other administrative duties that may include:
- Screening and directing phone calls
- Composing correspondence/email to convey relevant information with appropriate clarity and tone
- Creating documents, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets – exercising judgment regarding layout and style
- Scheduling meetings, conference rooms, office space, etc.
- Preparing and routing agendas and other meeting-related materials
- Investigating and making arrangements for technical equipment or support
- Attending meetings, taking notes, preparing minutes, capturing commitments, and assisting with follow-up
- Anticipate the executives needs/requirements and actively resolve issues
- Flexible to handle both routine and urgent issues that might arise outside of normal office hours
- Represent the executives proficiently and professionally
- Must act professionally at all times
REQUIRED EDUCATION, PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 4-year degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years prior experience as an administrative assistant required; a minimum of 3 years supporting a senior level executive preferred
- Extremely well organized and able to assist others in bringing order to complex issues and situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people -- both in person and through virtual channels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manages confidential and sensitive information using appropriate discretion
- Interacts and coordinates effectively with top executives inside and outside of the company
- Able to personally manage change and adapt personal work style and processes in response to the dynamic nature of the organization
- Can manage multiple tasks in an environment of tight deadlines and high quality standards
- Able to operate autonomously and collaboratively
- Expert-level proficiency in the Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top