Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Main Purpose of Role:
Thomson Reuters is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to help coordinate administrative duties for the office of the Head of Communications. Additionally, this person will provide administrative functions as needed to help support the SVPs and EAs in the Communications department.
Major Areas of Accountability –
- Support Communications EVP Office – assist the team with administrative duties:
- Coordinate all aspects of travel planning including flights, ground transport and hotels
- Process expense reports in a timely manner
- Arrange/coordinate internal meetings including reserving video conference rooms, webex's
- Edit presentations and posting reports to Comms internal Hub site - Idea factory.
- Invoicing 170 Kofax/ Ariba/Field Glass set up and set up new vendors and track payments.
- Assist the team with SOW's, PO's and budget planning.
- Assist team with large Corporate initiatives such as the Leadership Conference and other Communication projects.
- Assist Comms team with local Corporate events and meeting.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and executive administrative skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently; also work successfully in team environment
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple departments/disciplines
- Good computer skills including software programs utilized at TR
- Highly effective at problem solving, take the initiative and able to work independently or in a team environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top