Events Manager F&R
Reporting to the Head of Event Marketing, Americas the role will be responsible for building and managing high impact events that support the regions business requirements and achieve measurable results. The role will manage events end-to-end, including pre and post event communications. Evaluation and measurement of events will be crucial, along with an innovative approach in order to drive a step change in the impact of our events program. This role will work closely with marketing colleagues in the region, sales, market development and central marketing functions to co-ordinate requirements and act as a center of expertise for events activity in the region.
Role responsibilities and accountabilities
- Support the Americas business objectives and campaign priorities through successful end-to-end planning, management and evaluation of Event activities.
- Delivering and measuring against agreed upon targets such as ROI, sales leads, attendance, contacts and feedback.
- Ensure continuous high service levels in all aspects of event management, providing transparency on spend to drive cost efficiencies, ensuring that marketing ROI is maximized.
- Investigates and negotiates destination options, properties, airfare/transportation and F&B.
- Represent and deliver service excellence that is in keeping with our brand.
- This role may or may not have subordinate employees.
- May include planning and logistics of internal events and meetings such as sales conferences or kick-offs.
- Demonstrated success in event management (3 years minimum).
- Superior organizational skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Ability to travel and work evenings, and weekends and sometimes through holidays.
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external.
- Superior communications skills, especially written. The ability to write strong pre-event and post-event communications, internal postings about the event and post-event debriefs.
- Strong social media skills. The ability to use social media to help promote b2b events for promoting and event, finding potential attendees and creating a buzz around the event.
- Financial services and b2b background helpful. The ability to understand the different asset classes and how market data works in the world of finance would be advantageous.
- ROI driven with strong analytical skills and the ability to develop clear performance measurement indicators.
- Demonstrated background managing and leading complex events projects in a highly matrix, fast paced, multiple stakeholder environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top