The Thomson Reuters Foundation acts to promote socio-economic progress and the rule of law worldwide. The organisation leverages the skills, values and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change on the ground and empower people across the world. With 100 staff members around the world and offices in 10 locations across the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia, the Foundation has quickly become a point of reference in the corporate philanthropic world.
The Thomson Reuters Foundation provides services that inform, connect and ultimately empower people around the world through four key programmes:
- TrustLaw - is the Thomson Reuters Foundation's global pro bono legal programme. We connect the best law firms and corporate legal teams around the world with high-impact NGOs and social enterprises working to create social and environmental change. We produce groundbreaking legal research, and offer innovative training courses worldwide.
- Trust Conference - is a growing movement committed to finding real solutions to fight modern-day slavery and put the rule of law behind human rights. We do this through action-oriented global conferences. The yearly Trust Conference in London mobilizes high-impact action-driven initiatives.
- World's under-reported news - We cover stories that are often overlooked by the mainstream media: aid and development, women's rights, modern day slavery, climate change and land rights. We believe that raising awareness can trigger debate and lead to open, fair, prosperous and tolerant societies. That is our ultimate goal.
- Media Development - We run philanthropic initiatives ranging from the creation of sustainable, independent news platforms to a wide range of journalism training programmes worldwide. Additionally, we fund the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University. At the heart of all our media development work are the Thomson Reuters Principles of accuracy, impartiality, independence and integrity.
We're seeking an ambitious and motivated professional working across a number of key Foundation events. You'll be supporting the wider Foundation programmes with the delivery of the Trust Conference, the Foundation's high profile conference, together with a number of smaller events throughout the year.
Key deliverables of the role include but are not limited to:
- Drive the logistics and delivery of Trust Conference and related side-events
This includes but is not limited to:
- Speakers Coordination between conference speakers and our designated travel agency/ies and hotels to book speaker travel (air + ground travel), accommodation and any other liaison support for speakers required.
- Production Coordination between the Trust Conference team and the production team onsite QE2 to ensure that all needs (catering, room requirements, AV) are communicated and that the production team is briefed and up to date.
- Finance Maintaining a tight control on costs related to the conference and keeping this up to date information on a shared document and regularly updating the finance team and the Development Director.
- Delegate book Coordinating between speakers, the Thomson Reuters Foundation design team, the TC team and the printers to produce a high quality delegate book with information on speakers, sponsor advertisements and other conference related information.
- Curated events at TC Delivery support for sponsor-driven curated breakfast and lunch events at Trust Conference.
- TC Scholarship Programme Managing the Trust Conference scholarship application process and events and support for the scholars at Trust Conference
- VIP Dinner Managing the organization of the pre conference VIP Dinner, including sending out invites, managing RSVPs, finalizing catering and venue logistics
- Website Manage all updates to the Trust Conference website with speaker, sponsor and event partners information.
- Hotels Finalising and making hotel accommodation arrangements for TC team and speakers
- Branding/collateral Managing the printing of all branded collateral required for the conference, including TShirts, roll up banners, backdrop, dolphin banners etc.
- Volunteers Managing the selection and organizing a team of volunteers to provide support the conference on the day.
- Evaluation Managing the evaluation process of Trust Conference including organising delegate feedback forms, I pads where they can record feedback etc.
- Evening event at TC Managing the logistics of any evening event at Trust Conference, including AV requirements etc
- Drive the logistics and delivery of a number of key Foundation events including: fundraising events (cocktails, breakfast and lunch events), film screening, small panel discussions etc.
The ideal candidate:
We are looking for someone extremely capable, able to multi-task and with solid project management skills:
- Experience specialising in human rights and or social impact events is mandatory as you will be required to research and source potential speakers for the Trust Conference.
- Proven experience gained in managing the logistics of large scale conferences is mandatory. The Trust Conference is a highly-produced event with global attendance.
- Working as part of a fast-paced international team with a very global outlook, you must feel comfortable working across different levels of seniority, with colleagues based across several countries and from different backgrounds.
- You'll need to have a wide range of experience in events production/, with proven project management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills are also required, as you must be able to manage a busy and demanding workload as well as meeting deadlines.
- You'll need to be a good communicator, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong IT skills are also a must, particularly in relation to MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Above all, we need a quick learner, who's interested in the philanthropic world, and is excited about the opportunity to grow within a developing and ever expanding international team.
- Additional Language skills a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top