We are looking to recruit an Events Manager to help us research and develop events for the legal and compliance market. You will also be responsible for delivering an outstanding experience for the events under your charge.
- Research and uncover issues facing the legal and compliance market in SE and North Asia.
- Translate research into agendas.
- Work closely with sponsorship sales team to secure sponsors for speaking slots.
- Work closely with telesales and marketing to ensure that seat sales revenue targets are met.
- Report and escalate to Senior Events Manager as needed when there are potential delays to the achievement of project milestones.
- Coordinate with sponsors to ensure that items in the sponsorship contract are executed.
- Work together with the sponsors, internal teams and external vendors to ensure that event is delivered to highest standard and within budget.
- Suggest creative event concepts to develop a memorable/unique experience for both the sponsors and attendees.
- Track costs and revenue for event and produce a P&L for management after the event.
- 5 years experience in events production and management.
- Degree in Marketing (preferred)
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills (systematic and methodical) including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good time management skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool (MS Word and MS Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top