European Account Manager
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in Dallas, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
Position Title: European Account manager
Location: Docklands Technical Centre. 1 Paul Julius Close, Blackwall Way, London E14 2EH
Requisition No: JREQ082334
The European Account Manager will be responsible for proactively building and managing a pipeline of new business prospects within large Corporations and Financial Services clients for our Indirect Tax solutions and moving them through all stages of the sales process from initial qualification to close. The role will require knowledge of enterprise sales and an ability to articulate complex software solutions.
Brand - ONESOURCE:
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The European Account Manager will prospect new business with senior Tax Operations, Compliance and IT executives and perform a detailed qualification of leads within the EMEA region to uncover client's issues.
- The role will also involve periodic attendance at conferences, representing the organization professionally and managing the timely follow up of all leads
- Demonstrating sophisticated software solutions and learning and understanding industry best practice to position themselves and the organization as a thought leader
- Will work closely with the client on the appropriate solutions liaising with internal pre-sales specialists to present comprehensive information back to the client, identifying potential return on investment. This will involve leveraging an internal team as well as Big 4 partners in an organised manner with clear attention to detail.
Inside Sales, Solution Consultants, Professional Services, Big 4 accounting firms
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience selling in a complex software solutions environment, preferably financial and tax related solutions
- Extensive solution sales experience managing and closing large and complex deals.
- A successful track record of selling software.
- Experience selling large implementation projects that are ERP/financial transformation related.
- Understanding of financial systems.
- Detailed understanding of a solution sales process.
- Relevant and demonstrable previous sales experience in a business to business environment.
- Must be a self starter.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Tenacity and determination to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solver with imagination to structure creative solutions in line with client requirements.
- Ability to understand, communicate and demonstrate technical benefits of our tax software solutions.
- Positive attitude and results orientated.
- Detail orientated with ability to write reports with good computer literacy skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Indirect Taxes and related software solutions
- ERP or billing system sales
- Experience dealing with FTSE 100 level clients.
- Tax or accounting knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with using Salesforce.com
- Degree or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top