We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Talend ETL Developer
Business Unit: Technology Development
Product or Service:
Talend services many of the ETL processes within Avox including several workflows that automate interaction with internal search engines. The Talend team will compliment short term and long term data goals of the core business along with integration with the wider group.
- Development of Talend ETL tasks, day to day operations of Talend Administration.
- Development of Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, tables, views, indices.
- Good understanding of elasticsearch clusters and indices.
- Working on bug fixes within the current Talend processes.
- Migrate legacy Talend tasks to AWS.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Day to day administration of the talend platform.
- Day to day administration of the elastic search clusters.
- Documentation of all developed work and processes into the Talend Wiki
- Peers, development manager, database team, java team, internal customer service agents, infrastructure team, project managers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Talend DQ Platform Edition
- Oracle PL/SQL
- HTML/XML/JSon/Restful web services
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of UCS transliteration
- Knowledge of polymorphic linguistics
- Knowledge of stemming algorithms
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top