Enterprise Solutions Sales Specialist
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Enterprise Solutions Sales Specialist
- Grow market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based sales strategies in collaboration with account management and utilizing specialist knowledge to deliver gross sales.
- Major emphasis on opening up new business within existing accounts.
- Focusing on growth based on a value sale. Assist in key retention situations as required.
- Delivers recurring and outright revenue, secures liquidity/ usage growth on selected products, generates new opportunities, follows and develops opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Provides domain expertise relative to the customer segment (expert in markets-based product knowledge)
- Gathers feedback from the customer, maintains accurate customer contact and opportunity data in the appropriate Client Relationship Management system
- Develops innovative approaches to problems. Plans the approach with the account manager, can become the product champion.
- Mentor new sales specialists.
Scope and Impact:
- Selling set of products/solutions to a pre-defined market segment
- Cross-business function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognize client needs and propose solution.
- Have own sales targets.
- Pro-active in developing opportunities.
- May be accountable for significantly larger scope sales and quota relative to others, is capable of creating customer value and selling highly complex solutions (multi-asset, multi-facet, with multiple decision-makers, may be focused on global opportunities). Will tend to have higher level of engagement with clients and influence decisions at a higher level than more junior sales roles. May be required to co-ordinate a range of interlinked product offerings, as opposed to simpler product offerings
- Sales professionals, product specialists, trainers, consultants, marketing, senior leadership, etc.
- Key stakeholders within assigned accounts including executive and industry associations
- Driving Results
- Focusing on Customers
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Desire to win
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Market knowledge across the TR Real Time, News and History, Price & Reference content sets
- Workflow – front to back – cross asset and trading content
- Experience in a sales targeted role
- Self motivated, enthusiasm, team orientation
- Significant sales experience in applicable industry.
- Proven knowledge of the customer industry and business workflow.
- Proven knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Customer relationship management required throughout all levels within an organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of sell-side financial environment Regulatory landscape and market opportunities. Customer focus New business orientation – our business is 90% new growth led opportunities
- University/college degree required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department.
- Advanced degree may be preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top