Enterprise Process Owner, Source to Pay
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Enterprise Process Owner (EPO) has global accountability for Source to Pay end-to-end processes. They will provide strategic direction for the system and process design, with a focus on process development, standardization and optimization that enhances productivity, supports cost control and risk mitigation, and improves the overall Source to Pay experience. The EPO will have budget responsibility for the Source to Pay projects.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Process Development and Optimization
- Partners closely with Sourcing and our managed service provider, Genpact
- Develops, standardizes and optimizes Source to Pay policies, processes and activities across the Enterprise; approves and oversees all process changes and project communications internally and externally
- Sets standards & provides governance to ensure policies, processes & tools are uniform, enforced and efficient
- Oversees development of architecture for the technology platforms required to support service delivery internally and those utilized by the managed service provider(s) such as Genpact
- Ensures that adequate controls are in place
- Identifies leading practices (structure, resources, process, and/or technology) that can strengthen service delivery
- Contributes to functional and managerial policies
- Oversees change management to support process improvement
- Ensures that process documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Aligns key stakeholders on global process direction and pro-actively identifies opportunities to drive improvements in partnership with the managed service provider(s) (i.e. Genpact), Business Units, Finance and Corporate functions, and external providers (i.e. Ariba)
- Governs Enterprise Processes and annual spend on the Source to Pay Process to ensure that:
- A process is established to govern the Vendor Master cleanliness during mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Policies are followed internally and by external suppliers
- A solid business case is in place for each initiative
- EPC (Enterprise Prioritization Committee) rules are followed
- Opportunities to rebalance investments within in each annual plan cycle are agreed with fellow EPOs and / or presented to the EPC as appropriate
- Prepares the annual investment roadmap for the Source to Pay Process, ensuring that:
- A solid business case is in place for each initiative
- Relative priorities of the initiatives within Source to Pay are understood
- Proposed funding level recommendations for Source to Pay are accompanied by financial rationale
- Establishes mutual Service Levels and KPI's with the business and managed service provider.
- Monitors ongoing performance against the Service Levels and makes changes to processes as needed to achieve results
- Uses metrics and performance measures to drive continuous improvement and best practices
- Responsible for resourcing, service model delivery and location decisions
- Builds strong teams with a mindset that supports continuous process improvement and elimination of inefficiencies/ redundancies
- Partners with Sourcing, managed service provider(s), Relationship Management Office, business partners, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Finance leaders and other EPO's to identify and resolve issues, leverage cross-functional synergies and achieve consistency and alignment across the Source to Pay processes
- Educate stakeholders on the efficacy of the Source to Pay policy & process standardization
Bachelor degree plus 15 of experience OR Masters Degree with 12 years of relevant experience required, including familiarity with financial business operations and associated master data inter-dependencies across numerous core systems
Degree preference in Finance, accounting, business or economics
Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Solid English language skills are required
Demonstrated experience leading and influencing global processes with large, matrixed companies
Demonstrated experience leading performance improvement initiatives.
Strong PC skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Significant supervisory experience required, including experience working with a shared service environment and managing a diverse, global team
Experience working with different cultures
Demonstrates strong leadership (i.e. decisiveness and be seen as a reliable decision-maker by others, act in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity, etc.)
Builds effective relationships and partners with others to develop joint solutions. Deals with difficult customer (internal & external) situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution
Seen as a developer of talent
Vendor Management Experience
Demonstrates business acumen
Extensive knowledge of various Thomson Reuters businesses and products/services
Able to effectively navigate and perform in dynamic environments
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top