Engagement Lead - Corporates
The L&S account manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales targets, ensuring customer retention ratios, maintaining profitable growth within his or her book of business, and executing on overarching sales and corporate objectives (Large & Strategic Account segment) . He or she will own and drive strategic relationships on key accounts by managing the entire account-based sales/buying process from lead generation, qualification, lead nurturing, deal qualification, solution development/presentation, through negotiations and close. Responsible for ensuring the customer´s needs are met and that services are provided to the highest standards.
- Strategically develops, executes and maintains a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for revenue growth and retention.
- Retain customers by tracking usage, contracts up for renewal, and ensuring customer experience.
- Accountable for end to end service delivery and performance.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of designated accounts, including organizational structure, decision processes, their market environment and the customer's workflow and challenges.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customer and orchestrate the entire relationship within designated accounts.
- Establishes strong, long term customer relationships and identifies new business opportunities and maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Responsible for forecasting and keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion by gathering intelligence on competitor activity and providing feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Maximizes Thomson Reuter's financial and strategic value for the customer, by aligning short term needs with longer term business strategies.
- Accurately captures and reports all aspects of account and opportunity information within a sales force automated (SFA) application.
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary team to customize product demonstrations and architect solution packages based on customer requirements.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions and also vertical Ecosystem.
- Support Collection and Technology team in the connection with the customer to ensure successful implementation and healthy collection process.
- Previous strategic account management experience.
- 10 to 15 years previous sales experience (proven track record of quota attainment throughout sales career).
- 5 plus years' relevant industry experience desired.
- Success managing strategic clients or accounts and dynamic account portfolios.
Key competencies and skills
- Strategic and solutions focused.
- Ability to develop and execute an account plan.
- Strong understanding of customer and their business models and workflows.
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Excellent relationship building capability.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to uncover needs and identify opportunities.
- Problem solving and decision making ability --ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Strong verbal communication, networking and relationship building skills.
Main base to define variable compensation:
- Financial Target:
oOnce off Product Sales
- Management by Objective (MBO):
oMetrics tide to Special Global Programs and/or Specific Local Strategies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top