EMEA Tax Manager
Job Title: EMEA Tax Manager
Location: London, Canary Wharf
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business with significant potential. The role has been created to address additional tax compliance and tax reporting needs in the UK as a result of the transaction outlined above. The primary focus of the role will be the preparation of UK tax provisions for the statutory accounts, the preparation of UK tax returns and performing the UK CFC review each year. This will require liaison with Group finance teams and other tax teams as necessary.
In addition, the role will be responsible for preparing certain UK tax provisions, ETR reconciliations and any other supporting data for tax reporting purposes, and to address queries from auditors as part of their review.
The role will provide input to tax advisory projects, review transfer pricing reports for relevant UK entities and get involved in internal restructuring and other ad-hoc projects as required. In addition, the role will have exposure to addressing certain HMRC queries as they arise.
You will be part of a team and sit alongside our London based EMEA Tax colleagues.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
- Prepare tax provision calculations for inclusion in the statutory account for an allocation of UK entities.
- Prepare tax returns for an allocation of UK entities.
- Prepare tax provision calculations for year-end tax reporting purposes.
- Perform UK CFC review annually and document results.
- Ad-hoc tax advisory projects as required.
Internal Working Relationships
- Finance Department
- Group tax team
External Working Relationships
- External advisers, primarily the Big 4
Skills / Experience
- ACA and/or CTA qualified
- Strong experience in preparation of UK tax returns and UK tax provisions
- Strong knowledge of UK tax law and principles including UK CFC legislation
- Good understanding of tax accounting
- Experience of OneSource products is desirable but training can be given
- Ability to process data quickly and work to strict timetables
- Culturally aware with the ability to communicate and execute projects
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and collaborate effectively
- Ability to work well with cross-functional and cross-divisional teams
- Ability to build trust with others who may not have identical goals
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top