Editor/Author - StateTax
Job Description Summary
Creates and /or maintains premium intelligent practice oriented and analytical information and news products and tools for tax, legal, accounting and other specialized professionals through research, analysis, original writing, and collaboration with technology. Creates integrated updates to existing products and tools delivered daily, weekly, monthly, or annually depending on product requirements.
The position requires strong research and analytical skills, as well as significant practical experience, plus excellent writing ability. The State and Local Tax Editor/Author:
- Creates, updates, and maintains expert analytical content for Thomson Reuters (TR) state tax products (which may include Checkpoint S&L Explanations and Annotations, Checkpoint Catalyst, Create-a-Chart, and others) that reflects a high degree of knowledge, insight, and practical experience.
- Writes or revises publishable editorial analysis and/or explanations of state tax issues and developments, including legislation, court cases, regulations, rulings, and other official material, in accordance with TR editorial standards and schedules.
- Applies technical expertise and exercises professional judgment in identifying and creating practical insights and action items for a sophisticated audience of tax professionals.
- Maintains proficiency in TR editorial processes, software programs and applications.
- Keeps abreast of the research needs and practices of relevant TR Markets, monitors competition.
- Responds to customer inquiries
- J.D. (LL.M. in Taxation preferred), with strong academic credentials
- 3+ years of significant recent tax research and/or practical experience in state and local tax issues-i.e., law firm or accounting firm experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including ability to translate complex tax issues into concise, business English.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively about tax and related topics and to produce useful, publishable material under deadline pressure.
- Expertise and experience to add sophisticated editorial insight and practical guidance.
- Enthusiasm about state tax and about working as part of a team of editors who take pride in providing premium state and local tax content to our subscribers
- Experience with Checkpoint preferred
- A writing test will be required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top