Editor/ Team Lead, Core Content
We are looking for a team lead to manage the creation and optimization of core legal information content for consumers and legal professionals and manage a team of writers. This position will be based on our Sunnyvale, CA office. This is a full-time position.
- Develop and administer consumer and legal professional core content creation in conjunction with direct supervisor and FindLaw.com leadership.
- Assign primary content writing duties to appropriate team members, and monitor performance and output;
- Edit content for style, legal content, grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
- Optimize content using best practices in tagging, keyword usage, title creation, content optimization, and basic SEO; train team members on content optimization strategies as needed;
- Track content performance using multiple measures (e.g., traffic, engagement, conversion) and use performance measures to constantly refine content style and improve content performance;
- Report to supervisor and FindLaw.com leadership on success of content program using multiple measures (e.g., traffic, engagement, conversion);
- Facilitate new content roll-out schedule, and ongoing management of existing content, under the direction of supervisor;
- Ensure that daily content creation and optimization fulfills content calendar requirements. [85%]
- Manage a team of legal writers; train new writers, as needed.
- Facilitate regular team meetings for the purpose of brainstorming content ideas; addressing areas for improvement in content and the content creation process; reviewing content deadlines; educating writers on legal trends; and organizing cross-content promotions. [10%]
- Assist supervisor and FindLaw.com leadership on the internal and external promotion of FindLaw core content, and FindLaw content standards, as needed. [5%]
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree required and JD required.
- Professional legal practice experience highly desired, but not required.
- 5 years experience writing content for online media, including 2 years in an online editorial position, preferably for a major online publication.
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to write in a conversational, consumer-friendly tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of social media tools such as blogs, message boards, social networks, microblogging, social bookmarking and/or social sharing a plus.
- Ability to work independently, including editing your own work, and the work of others, prior to publication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, engage, train, and motivate a large team.
- Basic HTML skills and working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Thrives in a "start up" working environment, but is keenly aware of the special responsibilities that come with writing for a major multi-national information company.
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable.
- Is comfortable providing constructive guidance to writers, and has a demonstrated ability improve team member performance and skills through ongoing goal setting and feedback.
- Enjoys reaching and engaging people online and doesn't shy away from being in the public eye.
- Has an interest in and experience writing about legal topics for a consumer audience.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Has a reasonable sense of humor, and is fairly broad minded when it comes to content.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and writing sample to the email above. Please provide at least one writing sample as applications without writing samples will not be considered.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top