Editor, Practical Law
Editor, Practical Law
Practical Law provides invaluable "know how" content to law firms and law departments across a range of subject areas. One of the keys to Practical Law is an in-house team of experienced lawyers who write content and help shape the service. We are looking for a talented individual to join the expanding Practical Law team as a Senior Editor.
To create and maintain valuable content for Practical Law Canada, in order to satisfy customer needs.
- monitoring legal, practice and/or major market developments in Corporate/M&A market areas;
- drafting, writing and editing Corporate/M&A content, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes and checklists in accordance with Practical Law writing style;
- leveraging existing databases for content and revising where necessary;
- developing ideas for Corporate/M&A content to be published on Practical Law;
- developing and sustaining relationships with external law firm consultants;
- developing and sustaining relationships with law firms, lawyers, in-house counsel and industry groups to ensure that the Corporate/M&A content is topical and meets their needs;
- assisting the Sales team by participating in sales calls and demonstrations to potential subscribers; and
- assisting the Marketing team by participating in webinars and the creation of educational programs.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- an LL.B (a Hong Kong Law Degree);
- membership in the Hong Kong Law Society
- a minimum of 8 years' experience working as a Corporate/M&A lawyer in a top tier law firm;
- excellent drafting and writing skills, including: very close attention to detail; impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply;
- enthusiasm, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services;
- a solid understanding of the needs and priorities of law firms and in-house counsel and the legal market;
- expertise in all aspects of Corporate/M&A, optimally including: general corporate law, corporate reorganizations and minute book maintenance; private and public mergers and acquisitions and private equity; business/asset acquisition and divestitures and deal structuring; secured and lending transactions and debt financings; shareholder agreements, joint ventures and limited partnerships; drafting confidentiality/NDA agreements; annual shareholder meeting process; and corporate governance practices and policies, including the preparation of materials for board and committee meetings.
- strong analytical, problem-solving skills and issue resolution skills;
- familiarity with securities law, equity financing, stock exchange listing and regulatory compliance;
- familiarity with intellectual property, licensing and trademarks;
- familiarity with employment law
- strong planning and organizational skills;
- entrepreneurial and leadership abilities;
- the ability to react with urgency and devote high levels of time and energy where deadlines require;
- familiarity with electronic research techniques; and
- PC skills (MS Office).
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been awarded, the Community Business LGBT+ Inclusion Index Silver Standard in 2017.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top