Editor and Coordinator
Date Posted: September 5, 2017
Department: Tax & Accounting Knowledge Solutions
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Scarborough
Product Editor and Coordinator
To be responsible for activities related to the Tax & Accounting print and online publishing programme including; coordinating the delivery of manuscript, working with external authors, coordinating activities with Content Strategy and Operations, Technology, and other strategic partners, to ensure that products and services are published in accordance with specifications and on schedule.
This position is responsible for:
- coordinating the scheduling and production of a product line for print and/or online products;
- working closely and effectively with internal and external writers and authors for the production of content;
- establishing a network of authors and/or strategic partners within defined market areas resulting in marketable products;
- maintaining effective external author relationships to obtain delivery of manuscripts on planned schedules;
- tracking manuscript delivery and maintaining production reports;
- monitoring competitive developments and market trends; and
- preparing and contributing to Marketing materials, value proposition/competitive positioning, and other materials for marketing, sales, and customer learning teams.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a university degree;
- professional publishing experience with preference given to those candidates with practical experience and/or a professional designation;
- experience in product development, preferably in print or electronic media;
- a strong desire to learn and succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative business environment;
- strong organization skills, is an excellent planner with strong project management and influencing skills;
- keen eye for detail;
- the ability to work well in a team environment across functional areas;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, is a problem solver, and demonstrates proven success in a highly collaborative team-environment;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- influencing, sales and networking skills;
- the ability to handle a variety of activities simultaneously; and
- PC skills: MS Office.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top