EDD Client Consultant
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Risk Managed Services (RMS) OVERVIEW:
Thomson Reuters (TR) Risk is growing its Managed Service & Platform products. Our proposition is to ensure that the global financial and corporate communities can clearly identify who their customers are, in order to fulfil regulations designed to conduct client due diligence. This is a unique opportunity to join a business which is expanding its managed service offerings in order to partner with and support clients with their requirement to comply with due diligence requirements of the regulated community.
We are moving in to the growth stage of a brand new business that will meet the needs of its clients and service users. This is a business that:
- Delivers Managed Service and Platform solutions with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service and platform
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
The new Client Consultant role is integral to ensuring that the new organization flourishes. The role is designed to:
- Lead and encourage excellent performance from colleagues
- Embed a client focused and commercially sound operating model.
ROLE PURPOSE: (Accountabilities)
- To engage with the client in order to understand and scope the client's requirements, then in conjunction with colleagues (as below) present a costed solution.
- To work closely with colleagues – Global Head of Proposition, Head of Proposition, Regional Heads, EDD Case Management, and GTM organizations.
- Draft Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers to for ongoing screening and EDD engagements delivering against customer expectations and profitability targets.
- Work with SRS/EDD Operations to ensure client deliverables are executable and profitable.
- Support GTM enablement by providing training to sales reps and market development colleagues.
- Participate in thought leadership activities including industry events, marketing efforts, and industry best practices.
ROLE OUTPUTS: (Activities and tasks)
Be the primary contact with Financial Institutions (FI) and/or Corporate clients and deliver against their business strategy needs through consultation e.g. advising on market trends related to the client's industry and market competition. Engages with the client to define solutions and propositions that:
- Demonstrate screening and EDD operational expertise
- Achieve customers' and TR's profitability objectives.
- Manages "deal qualification" working in conjunction with the relevant Regional Heads of Operations e.g. leading operational business analysis then presenting a range of scenarios and models that realize client business objectives.
- Designs commercially viable cost models that underpin bespoke solutions aligned to the Service capabilities.
- Develops and publishes critical documentation to support the solution and pricing proposals e.g. Statement of Work, Service Level Agreement (SLA). Implements and assures the delivery of business information, advisory and other analytical services to the client, all in conjunction with colleagues in Operations.
- Recognizes and delivers against client information needs.
Ensures That All:
- Proposed workflows and productivity assumptions have been fully tested and approved • Relevant SRS/EDD and client stakeholders have provided essential approvals e.g. "approval to proceed".
- Defines and "tests" the client screening and/or EDD processes in conjunction with Operations and Knowledge Management colleagues.
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Client Consultant:
- Reports to the Global Head of Proposition
- Builds productive relationships with FI clients and the market
- Works closely with all RMS teams, Operations, IT, and GTM
- Roles based in APAC (Hong Kong/Singapore), EMEA (London/Dubai) and the Americas (Latin America/United States).
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Client due diligence operational experience (SME level) and understanding of KYC, AML and screening operating models
- Experience of working with Compliance, Financial Crime and AML teams
- Sound understanding of Financial Institutions, Open Source Research and EDD.
- Solid track record of analyzing issues and delivering "fit for purpose" solutions striving for results and delivery
- Strong relationship building and client account management skills e.g. working on cross-functional teams to deliver results or managing multiple stakeholder relationships
- Strong and influential communication (including consultation, presentation and workshop facilitation) skills
- Strong organizational skills with capability to manage self and others
- Eagerness to keep knowledge and understanding of market intelligence and trends current
- Understanding of working effectively and delivering across different cultures
It is useful if candidates are able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Managed Service experience
- Pre Sales experience
- Ability to conduct persuasive business meetings in client's national language
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Thinks and acts strategically integrates business strategy into problem-solving and business development
- Builds relationships promotes an environment where cross-functional relationships are encouraged to improve the business
- Focuses on the customer increases "value-add" to customers
- Communicates Effectively Cascades information to create clarity
- Technical Capability (e.g. Marketing, HR, Sales) Essential Relationship building, consultancy and client account management Technical Capability (Industry / Sector and Domain Experience)
- Essential KYC client due diligence operational experience (SME level) and understanding of KYC, AML and due diligence operating models Experience of working with Compliance, Financial Crime and AML teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top