Early Careers- Client Specialist
Early Careers- Client Specialist
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM)- Asia
Kick start your future! Intensive training leading to a successful sales career with Thomson Reuters!
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Being responsible and ethical is part of our heritage and a fundamental pillar of our business. If you are a recent graduate with 2-3 years experience in a front line, phone based customer service or sales role, your career matters to us and our Early Careers hiring may be just the right opportunity to kick start your future!
You will be joining an organisation that truly embraces diversity and we want you to bring your unique perspective to our organisation in these exciting entry level sales opportunities.
We offer an intensive first class learning and development program that brings together the resources, tools and support to optimize your experience and accelerate your development. We want to set you up for a successful long term sales career with Thomson Reuters where you will be promoting our products and solutions to the biggest corporate and financial services institutions across Asia.
At Thomson Reuters, we know your wellbeing is the key to your health, happiness and success — it's how you bring your best to your work, and it's how we bring our best as a company. If you are successful, you will be eligible to receive and participate in industry leading employee benefits package.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Client Specialist to focus on retaining market share by maximizing value of our Financial and Risk products for our customers.
This is achieved by ensuring the end users are well trained and familiar with both the content and functionalities of TR products. You will use your specialist knowledge to engage with customers to increase product usage and loyalty. You will also identify "at risk" customers to ensure we achieve retention and also generate sales leads through ongoing customer engagement. There will also be responsibility for contract renewal for some of our solutions and assisting in identifying new upsell and cross business opportunities within the current client base.
- Contacting and supporting clients on a daily basis
- Identifying and closing upsell and cross selll opportunities where appropriate
- Identifying weak, inactive and at-risk users to ensure strong retention and reactivation of dormant users
- Product training for new and existing end users
- Capturing of end user intelligence in a timely manner into our internal CRM system
- Increasing product stickiness by demonstrating relevant new content and functionality that enable end users to improve efficiencies
- Generating sales leads to pass onto the sales teams where appropriate for follow up
- Participating in product migration activities as required
- Responsible for desktop revenue under management and working with account manager to forecast revenue opportunities
- Drive desktop sales from existing and new customers
- Target 80% customer site time
- Travel as needed
- Increase customer satisfaction at the desktop
- 1-3 years of experience within the financial industry with financial market understanding
- Selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/ consultative selling)
- Product and workflow experience (e.g. knowledge of financial modeling, excel, MS Office)
- Knowledge of trading floor tech./ data apps is an advantage
- Strong customer service skills
- Other: Presentation skills (verbal & written); Strong interpersonal skills; ability to organize and execute a sales plan; ability to use MIS systems
- Training or related experience preferred
- College/ university degree or relevant work experience equivalent required
- Industry qualifications preferred (CFA, MBA, FRM, MFE, CFE etc)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top