Date Posted: August 11, 2017
Department: Corporate Group
Location: 333 Bay Street - Toronto
Director of Treasury
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer, this position manages Thomson Reuters' global corporate Treasury debt and capital strategy. Day-to-day duties can include analyzing corporate capital requirements, managing our share repurchase program, managing worldwide liquidity needs, communicating with rating agencies, analyzing corporate pension strategies, overseeing foreign exchange & interest rate exposure and providing technical assistance in acquisitions and divestitures. Incoming Treasury professionals are given immediate and significant responsibilities exposing them to a wide range of assignments.
This position is responsible for:
- developing Thomson Reuters capital strategy and liquidity planning;
- support Thomson Reuters execution on its funding needs including the issuance and management of global debt, including credit facilities, bonds/notes, interest expense, debt reporting and compliance;
- developing share buyback execution strategies and overseeing all aspects of the program;
- banking and rating agency relationship management;
- creating and maintaining internal rating agency debt models and analysis;
- analyzing pension strategies;
- oversight of FX and interest rate risk management and hedging;
- leading, managing, coaching and mentoring a team of high performance professionals;
- creating and maintaining Treasury operations policies and procedures; and
- being the primary contact for Treasury interactions with other departments, business units and third party administrators.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a Master's degree, preferably an MBA, with particular emphasis in finance; a background in economics, accounting, engineering or operations is also valuable;
- a minimum of 7 years work experience with 3 years of related Treasury work experience;
- strong analytical and organizational abilities;
- exposure to concepts in Treasury (i.e. bonds, FX, derivatives, divestitures, capital strategy, etc);
- an understanding of financial modeling, bond math and financial concepts;
- effective oral and written communication skills;
- a high level of interpersonal skills and an ability to function effectively as part of a global team that coordinates, works and reports out of different geographies; and
- high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top