Director, Sales Learning Operations
Thomson Reuters is seeking a Director of Sales Learning Operations. In this role you will be responsible for driving the day-to-day operations of the Thomson Reuters Sales Learning Department which has a staff of 40 professionals supporting initiatives across all business segments and regions. A key priority of the job is to support the achievement of the Sales Learning team strategies and objectives and to drive the transformation and centralization of the function while addressing on-going TR business and Learning and Development needs. This will include identifying, implementing and providing ongoing support for various Sales Learning Department solutions and processes. This position reports to the Head of Sales Learning, Training and Development. The successful candidate will partner with internal stakeholders across the Thomson Reuters Sales Learning, Sales Engagement and Commercial Excellence teams, along with other corporate functions, segments and businesses.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Operations & Communication - Operational excellence in Sales Learning to drive team effectiveness
- Project & Technical Knowledge Management - Operational guidelines and processes
- Measurement - Consistent measures and reporting, focusing on accuracy, quality, and business impact
Operations & Communication :
- Coordinate and support the development, testing and implementation of Sales Learning Department operating mechanisms and contributes to the improvement of overall sales learning operational agility, effectiveness and efficiencies. (e.g. frameworks, day-to-day operations, strategic planning, lean processes, scope and status reporting, operational metrics)
- Manage the Sales Learning Request Intake and Prioritization processes and lead weekly meetings to prioritize, resource and monitor progress on learning projects and program development.
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report upon the learning requests, deliverables and operational effectiveness of the team
- Lead overall data quality process, standards and metrics management
- Manage overall logistics and execution of large learning events for sales and sales leadership and other significant projects
- Collaborate effectively with other TR learning teams, Sales Learning leads and key stakeholders to accomplish objectives and drive standardization, quality and impact
- Develop meeting agendas and materials, including pre-read and visual aids to effectively inform Learning Leadership team discussion and decision making
- Develop, manage and implement the Department's internal and external communications and marketing approach, strategy and programs
- Act as a liaison with members of the Sales Learning leadership team, and other Thomson Reuters Commercial Excellence and functional departments, including Sales Engagement, Sales Operations, Talent, HR, Finance, Meeting & Events Planning and Communications
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head of Sales Learning, including building strategic presentations and performance dashboards
- Looks to the future of the L&D industry and influences operational priorities.
Project & Technical Knowledge Management
- In conjunction with others on the team, lead the development of a technology roadmap for the Sales Learning team that considers industry best practices as well as Sales Learning and TR workflows and priorities
- Work with internal IT, external vendors and the Sales Learning Leadership team to identify and implement tools, technologies and process enhancements to improve the efficiency and productivity of the learning team and the experience for our learners.
- Project manage various Department-wide initiatives that support the team's priorities, in close coordination with the Head of Sales Learning and the wider Sales Engagement Leadership team.
- Monitor the Learning Department's overall spend against budget
- Produce operational metrics. benchmarking and related presentation and reporting materials
- Assist the COE Leads in the development and implementation of team performance metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in strategic planning and operations management
- Experience with large-scale process management and process improvement initiatives
- Experience with operations of functional departments or business
- Established analytical and project management ability
- Problem solver
- Ability to take ownership and drive towards specified goals
- Very strong communication skills (written, oral, listening and presentation skills)
- Ability to build relationships and network with varied stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working as part of a small team as well as alone
- Ability to drive innovation initiatives
- Highly collaborative individual with proven ability to work well in a complex matrix environment
- Advanced/Expert capabilities with PowerPoint and Excel; Ability to create and tell a story using data
- Flexibility in adjusting to new, different and changing business requirements and decisions
- Strong collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Experience working in L&D or as a sales leader preferred, not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top