Director, Sales Development
Thomson Reuters Legal is on a mission to create a world-class B2B Marketing Organization. We have an exciting new opportunity available for the right candidate in our Central Marketing organization.
We are searching for a Director, Sales Development to develop and lead a central lead qualification and lead generation/prospecting team to deliver predictable sales pipeline to multiple business segments. This team will be a key part of the Central Marketing organization and will be responsible for developing and driving a coordinated development strategy to generate, qualify, and convert leads to drive a predictable contribution to sales pipeline. This hands-on role will be responsible for ensuring that the right work is completed with current and prospective clients to generate new leads, conduct needs assessments, determine qualification, and transition to sales.
- Manage 4 front-line managers and 60+ sales and business development reps across multiple locations to consistently meet / exceed their monthly targets
- Recruit and develop consistent talent pipeline for high-caliber SDR and BDRs (and understand qualities of what makes a high-caliber team)
- Onboard, train, and develop the skill set of the organization, to reduce ramp time, improve results, and deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Build out team metrics and processes to support driving desired business results, including systems, techniques, best practices, SLAs, KPIs, sales alignment, comp plans, and quota allocation.
- Actively partner with key stakeholders in marketing and sales leadership across multiple business units to align on territories, lead-flow process, tracking, targets, and outcomes.
- Develop playbooks with each marketing and sales organization to deliver the right outcomes for a variety of activities (list development, tradeshows, webinars, trials, field events, account expansion, etc).
- Provide consistent visibility and insights into sales development activities, hand-off, dispositions, and outcomes by team, product, and individual
- Results orientation with advanced competencies in lead generation, lead qualification, prospecting, social selling, inside sales, and leadership.
- Expertise in the both lead qualification and lead prospecting across people, process, systems, and data is required.
- Ability to drive results, and improvements, across a wide range of products, go-to-markets, initiatives, business units, and geographies is a must
- Leadership skills with ability to engage and motivate a newly formed team of managers and individual contributors to deliver results.
- Attention to details with a focus on the data - from data tracking, quality improvement, to data-driven decision-making.
- Continuous improvement mindset, to test and develop new and better approaches for contacting, messaging, engagement, content, etc. to improve predictability and scalability of outcomes.
- 5+ years managing a sales development or inside sales organization for a B2B technology company, with top of funnel experience (inbound lead qualification, outbound lead generation) leading targeted prospects through a sales process.
- Previous experience managing managers is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of consistently achieving/overachieving targets (revenue, sales, or pipeline).
- Proven track record of building a running a sales development team - recruiting, hiring, coaching, retaining top talent.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner in a large, matrixed organization.
- Deep knowledge of salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Excel, marketing automation, sales operations, and B2B sales methodologies.
- Bachelors or Master's degree, or equivalent sales or business development experience required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top