Director, Product Management and Strategy
This is a strategic individual contributor position which will define the product Strategy, solution, influence Product Managers and also drive own Product features.
This role is accountable for managing the strategic roadmap for Global Legal Tracker solution through close coordination across multiple stakeholder groups and will be accountable for driving the definition and development of strategic initiatives. Legal Tracker provides corporate law department with practice and spend management software including legal eBilling driving transformation and making their operations efficient and effective.
This person is a talented, ambitious, self-directed enterprise-software product leader to guide products from conception to launch and all stages of the product lifecycle. As a senior leader, you will be responsible for defining creating valuable new products and features to maximize product line profitability. You'll define the product strategy and vision, work with customers to prioritize unmet user needs, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to launch products to the market.
Primary Objectives: This leader will be accountable for
- Driving product solution vision and strategy to support the deployment of Legal Tracker Platform in global markets. Enabling revenue generation across sub-segments by ensuring high quality, high-impact product features and service delivered to new and existing geographies and customers.
- Deliver best-in-class solutions to support corporate law department legal solution including Spend Analysis, legal research, and guidance, e-billing, matter management, legal process automation to manage internal matters and matters managed by outside counsel.
- Capture customer requirements, Conceptualize solutions, conduct market and competitive research, Plan product, and launch activities. The position requires a blend of legal industry, accounting, and software expertise.
- Set direction of Legal Tracker investment strategy, identify new investment opportunities, market sizing, and customer research, developing staffing and resourcing models, business case preparation and presentation and managing investment in existing products
- Drive strategic initiatives related to the success of the Legal Platform such asfFit within the product portfolio, integration opportunities, product rationalization, and API strategy.
- Support customer segment channel and marketing organizations through Channel training, Regular and clear communication of product value and developments, and marketing of new Product features
- Own the definition, design, development and business success of the product. Champion legal products to Prospects, customers and internal stakeholders
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to develop the product roadmap and provide thought leadership on emerging industry trends.
- Partner with Strategy, Sales, customers, internal stakeholders Legal Tracker Product Managers, internal stakeholders, and customers to validate requirements and priorities and refine requirements for broad market
- Work with architecture, technical leads and user experience to determine right technical solutions to develop faster, better and cost-effective solutions
- Manage complete product lifecycle including market requirements, product release plans, user story and success criteria authoring, and product launch activities
- Work with key stakeholder (Product Management, Marketing, Proposition, Support and more) on collateral and campaigns, ensuring a well planned and executed the go-to-market strategy
- Collaborate with user experience, product development, operations, service, and support departments and define product design and plans that align with product priorities and meet market demand
- Prioritize work and make strategic tradeoff decisions during the development cycle with a focus on delivering immediate business value with shorter release cycles.
- Monitor market changes and trends to formulate and communicate competitive product positioning and identify opportunities for current and future business consideration
- Self-starter who understands how to effectively deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Strong analytic skills required, including the ability to interpret customer and segment leads needs into application and operational requirements.
- Good team player - must have a successful history of resolving team conflict, managing negotiations, providing feedback, and driving change management practices to achieve required outcomes.
- Required experience in Agile Scrum Agile Development Methodology focusing on the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and consistently improving maturity in agile practices.
- Driven to provide quality work product that meets high-standards
- Demonstrate strong business acumen throughout the product management lifecycle
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field required: MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant work experience delivering results in complex enterprise software, Familiarity with TR's legal and Tax product portfolio in product management, proposition or solution role a plus
- Strong project management background and ability to manage a cross-functional team to deliver software releases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum software development desired
- Experience in accounting, finance and/or legal operations
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business experience highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to bring a new product to market in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to define the product roadmap, to translate business problems into product requirements, and to launch products to stakeholders, the market, and customers
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top