Director - Open Platform
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new Technology Centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Centre will be the preeminent hub of innovation.
- Managing, supporting and coaching a team of project and program managers
- Accountable for delivery of a specific portfolio of projects and program for Financial & Risk Technology
- Lead the successfully delivery of technology projects and programs within the Open Platform program
- Supporting and leading transformational change within Program Delivery team
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Ensure transparency to projects and programs at all levels
- Ensure successful delivery of well-controlled projects and programs on time and to meet business objectives
- Build/maintain a successful team of project and program managers
- Stakeholder management
- Support process improvement and service excellence
- Engage in external processes and delivery frameworks to represent Financial & Risk Technology and the portfolio
- Ensure clarity on scope and priority of deliverables within the program
- Senior Leadership Team in Financial & Risk Technology
- Head of IT Change & Control
- Business Operations partners
- Proposition owners
- Business Case Stakeholders
- Customer Proposition team
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
- Finance partners
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Current strong experience in managing people
- Strong technical background, preferably in Open Platform technologies
- Experience engaging with stakeholders of varying levels, managing across time zones and cultures
- Project and program management skills, including documentation and delivery, working knowledge of Program Delivery frameworks.
- Experience of delivering technical projects
- Excellent communication, including presentation and written skills.
- Strong influencing skills and a positive leader
- Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones
- Reporting and data analysis; able to visually represent data and processes in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and team building skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Current experience in reviewing and transforming processes in a complex environment
- Experience in Change Management
- Experience in managing people globally
- Prior experience of JIRA tools
- PMI/Prince2/Project Management accreditation or equivalent
- Program Management certification (preferable)
- Agile Certification (preferable)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top