Director of Sales, Greater China
- Beijing, China
We are seeking a proven executive to join Thomson Reuters as the Greater China Region (GCR) Lead & Director of Sales. The GCR is of critical importance to the growth aspirations within the Asia and Emerging Markets region and has been delivering strong year on year growth. The opportunity is significant, you will bring an excellent track record in providing strategic direction for sales and business development teams within the GCR . You will have demonstrated success in developing sales strategies for the Legal and Corporates markets, targeting both new and existing customers. Your strong capabilities with executive engagement and business leadership have been utilized to develop end-to-end processes involving Portfolio, Marketing, Sales and Professional Services which has ensured success against sales, revenue, operational and strategic goals. In addition, you can build a strong, motivated sales team aimed at achieving aggressive sales targets with experience developing Partner and Channel routes to market.
You will report into the Vice President of Corporates and be part of the leadership team.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design and develop sales strategies to increase market share and grow short and long-term businesses through active management of the Corporates and Legal segments.
- Drive on-site account and sales team to maintain strong client relationship and acquire new businesses. Achieve annual sales targets for new and renewal businesses for Corporates and Legal segments.
- Strong leads creation and execution of strategy to maximize current and future growth of products and solutions.
- May be involved in formulating various functional and product strategies. Manage highly complex, specialized projects with the product and customer success teams that have significant impact on the region's business.
- As a site leader, provide strategic and operational leadership to all types of field sales, account management roles to aggressively meet sales, revenue, people and organizational objectives. Proactively identifies, defines and solves most complex problems with creative and practical solutions that will positively impact the management and business direction in the region.
- Lead and build a motivated team of managers and salespeople with superior skills in client relationships and selling skills.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or master's degree with 10-12 years of relevant experience with large corporate or legal software solution companies in China
- Senior management experience working closely with C-suite
- Broad leadership across a variety of sales and operations with demonstrated business and managerial knowledge of a business or segment, and integrated knowledge of related business areas
- Ability to scale business models, sales strategies to support the rapid expansion of the China markets
- Proven track record in achieving aggressive sales targets directly and through sales managers and their teams.
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with complexity and demonstrate critical thinking to resolve complex issues requiring experience, skills or acquired knowledge, evaluative judgment and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates strong people leadership skills for large populations or highly skilled technical resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior relationship building, both internally and externally.
- Excellent spoken and written communication both in English and Mandarin
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top