Director of Market Analysis
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters LPC is seeking a seasoned and energetic director of market analysis to utilize Thomson Reuters LPC's unique data and community relationships to produce useful data and statistics, insightful analysis and forward-looking market commentary, which will be distributed across our platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and derive critical insights from qualitative and quantitative research in order to deliver value-added content to our customers. They will also be comfortable and adept at discussing market trends with market participants in order to gain color for our analysis and assist in driving new sales and product usage.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The highly skilled analyst will oversee the generation and timely delivery of revenue-enhancing analysis in the loan market. This includes:
- Regularly creating and publishing required analysis and commentary analysis, as well as completing ad hoc reports
- Promoting the company brand through public speaking and writing and publishing loan-related analysis
- Managing timely delivery of commitments & client deliverables
- Supporting and building strong relationships with clients in order to ensure that we proactively understand market trends and we are meeting their needs with our offerings
- Responding to queries regarding, market, content, analytics, reports and quantitative models and providing high-level support to users
- Sourcing, processing and validating data using standard data tools and techniques
- Continuously working to improve on internal research tools, processes and production environments
- Prioritizing research opportunities and building customer feedback into all capability development activities
- Strong analytical capabilities are a priority. This includes demonstrable expertise with Excel/Access, excellent written communication skills and an organized approach to projects and communications
- At least three years of experience producing analysis and commentary for syndicated loans, CLOs, and/or high yield bonds
- Candidate should demonstrate strong interpersonal and team management skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across teams from sales, product management and editorial
- Excellent networking skills and initiative are key. Candidates should have an existing strong network of contacts on the buy side and sell side in the syndicated loan market
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services, TR LPC's products, and a general understanding of loan information providers and the existing information sources/products available to loan market participants is highly desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top