Director, Marketing Technology
Thomson Reuters Legal is on a mission to create a world-class B2B marketing organization. We have an exciting new opportunity available for the right candidate in our newly created Central Marketing organization. The Director, Marketing Technology is responsible for leading the technology transformation in support of the world class go to market capabilities being developed in Thomson Reuters Legal. This position will architect the end-to-end technology stack needed to enable the business, from core platforms to operational tools, content management, and digital interactions. This role will act as a leader within the team, driving high quality customer experiences and exploring what is possible with evolving digital devices and tools. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to partner with various stakeholders to define, test, validate, and implement new features and ideas that drive value to the customer and the business. This role will report to the Vice President, Demand Generation.
- Defining the business requirements for marketing technology investments. Understand how to map business requirements to technology capabilities and not get distracted by bells and whistles — and, if necessary, how to adjust existing business processes to take full advantage of these capabilities.
- Taking a strategic view of technology investments and marketing activities. Work with the CMO and other stakeholders to plan long-term marketing objectives and select the appropriate technology to achieve those goals.
- Serve as a technology liaison to the IT organization, sales, finance, product, customer service and other internal stakeholders. On a strategic level, identifying common organizational, business process, data management and technology integration issues. On a tactical level, marshaling the front-line development and systems integration resources to make a cross-organizational technology plan happen.
- Understand and define management, measurement, accountability and ROI objectives. Know the priorities when it comes to tracking and measuring marketing performance and understands the technology capabilities required to act upon these priorities.
- Serve as an internal champion for marketing technology initiatives. Help Marketers learn how to take advantage of new tools; embrace data driven marketing; and adopt a culture that puts experimentation, measurement and analysis at the center of every campaign.
- Marketing Applications: Configuring, operating and integrating a wide range of in-house and SaaS
- IT Operations: Understanding cloud computing, including the integration of public, private and hybrid clouds, and liaising with IT staff to direct shared resources and capabilities
- Software development: General knowledge of relevant application frameworks, programming languages and development methodologies, including Agile
- Web Mechanics: Thorough and up-to-date understanding of web publishing systems, web development and related capabilities
- Content Marketing: Understanding the content marketing lifecycle, as well as related lead nurturing, lead scoring, content management and content delivery activities
- Digital Marketing: Experience with email, mobile, web and other digital media, including marketing campaign best practices
- Technology Selection: Documenting business requirements and expected outcomes, and mapping these to appropriate technology through a vendor/solution approval process.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years managing marketing technology including, but not limited to, CRM, marketing automation, content management and marketing resource management applications
- Experience integrating marketing applications with other enterprise applications, as well as internal and external data sources
- Experience deploying self-service capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic thinking with effective tactical execution
- Team leadership and project management experience, especially cross-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
- Familiarity with the latest marketing technology trends, as well as established marketing/technology best practices
- A well-rounded background that includes marketing planning and strategy; business process design and review; marketing workflows; and behavioral marketing principles
- Comfortable working with multiple enterprise stakeholders, including senior business, finance, marketing, IT and operations executives.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- B2B Marketing experience strongly preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top