Director, Market Development - Automative
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Summary of the Role:
The Thomson Reuters Global Growth Organization (GGO) partners with the Thomson Reuters business units to combine global capabilities and to expand local presence in countries for growth opportunities. GGO is core to Thomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments. The North Asia region is one of the fastest growing markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a Director of Market Business Development- Automotive, based in Japan. This role will be leading Thomson Reuters entry into the Automotive segment in Japan which combines business development, strategy and general management work with a high level of autonomy, responsibility and accountability for revenue performance. The Director of Market Business Development will partner with our Territory Sales Managers to formulate a regional strategy, build a customer and partner network, create new sales opportunities and increase revenue from the Automotive segment. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, highly customer-driven, able to define a long-term strategy and also drive focused execution.
- Build the proposition and Go-To-Market strategy for the Automotive Industry Practice Group (IPG) in Japan.
- Ensure support for revenue growth in Automotive industry based on an understanding of the market dynamics across the various segments of Automotive.
- Keep up to date with news and changes in policy, regulations and activities of major players in the industries to have sufficient domain knowledge to lead discussion with customers and present expertise in public.
- Lead sophisticated, high-level requirements conversations with clients. Work with the Product team to client requests into product strategy planning
- Drive collaboration with the front line sales team. Serve as an expert resource to product sales teams serving the industry
- Work with local Territory Sales Managers and technology teams to execute local strategy
- Represent Thomson Reuters on Industry Associations, thought leadership events and customer events. Develop thought leadership opportunities, delivering talks at seminars, participating in industry bodies, etc.
- Cultivate strategic partners and work with partner team to expand the capabilities of the Automotive Industry Practice Group
- Participate as an active member of the Global Automotive IPG
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 12 years experience in a similar function.
- 12 years experience in the Automotive industry sector; thorough knowledge of trends impacting the market and the needs of the Automotive customers. Strong network in the Automotive industry.
- 10 years experience in a management sales and business development role including significant experience meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- 8 years software experience
- Deep domain knowledge and thought leader in the Automotive sector in Japan with strong senior C-level client relationships. Strong network in the industry.
- Proven ability to lead and operate successfully in a matrixed global organizational structure.
- Excellent collaboration and diplomatic skills, and ability to influence and drive change, encourage collaboration, and work effectively in a complex matrix-driven organization.
- Superior experience engaging and negotiating with business stakeholders at a mid to senior level (i.e. heads of trading, technology, infrastructure and operations).
- Proven track record of delivering results, growing a business and leading significant change or transformation in complex matrix-driven organizations and demonstrating tangible results.
- Superior client engagement and relationship-building skills, and ability to build C-level relationships in leading global organizations and Fortune 500 companies.
- Successfully supported complex customer situations or in hitting and exceeding aggressive sales targets.
- Global experience, working and leading in multiple markets and regions.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative sales strategies.
- Strong C-suite engagement skills and track record.
- Strategic account planning; ability to manage relationships with complex, global accounts.
- Strong Japanese native language skills and fluency in business English.
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas.
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative sales strategies.
- Customer oriented approach with strong skills in influencing, negotiation, complex problem solving and conflict management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the above attributes, with proven experience in the Automotive and software industry.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top