Director, Inside Sales - Government
Director, Inside Sales - Government
Reports to: Vice President, Government
Location: Eagan, MN
The Director, Inside Sales -Government is responsible for successfully leading and managing an inside sales, client and print management team to meet and exceed performance targets in the government market. Accountable for growing new sales, total revenue, and market share to meet year-over-year growth targets. Ensures team is effectively trained, managed, motivated and coached to cover all assigned accounts within the sales and client management territories across the U.S., while collaborating with field & internal partners to optimize efforts.
- Maximize new sales and revenue growth in government markets, while retaining existing customers
- Recruit, coach, manage and develop an effective team of Regional Managers, Inside capable of delivering Government goals
- Collaborate with Channel VP, internal Marketing Segment & product partners in the development and implementation of the channel's strategic and operational business plan
- Ensure optimal teaming with field and inside partners to jointly address new and existing business opportunities while maximizing revenue in existing accounts
- Effectively direct RMs plan and implementation of pipeline management and forecasting
- Set expectations and hold RMs accountable to develop and coach their team to drive results, productivity, revenue growth, and customer engagement
- Promote utilization of Salesforce.com, Order Capture, and other automation tools
- Four-year degree required; MBA or commensurate business experience preferred
- Inside sales leadership experience preferred
- 6-10 years government markets experience a plus
- 6-10 years of responsibility in sales leadership/management
- 5+ years experience in selecting and developing sales and/or client management professionals
- Business strategy and planning experience, including goal-setting, financial analysis and demonstrated performance management/coaching
- Excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding sales negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing technology environment, and to complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Strategic thinking skills; able to plan and execute account strategies
- Outstanding high-level presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers in a consultative, face-to-face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales
- Effective time-management skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top