Champions and leads the deployment of Tax & Accounting Business Unit's innovation program, including development of methods, processes, tools and metrics to be used across Tax & Accounting that foster idea generation, experimentation and ultimately organic growth. Serves as subject matter expert, providing consulting support and skills training to the business segments and project teams around the innovation value chain activities to create an enterprise-wide culture of innovation and deepen the business's innovation competencies. Works alongside senior leadership to discover cutting edge business opportunities and bring them to market. Cultivates new partnerships both internally and externally that expands Tax & Accounting's innovation channels and supports its strategy.
Manage overall innovation process:
The Director of Innovation will define, create, implement and manage an innovation process across the BU
- Define an overall innovation process for the BU that encompasses an innovation framework, processes, methods, tools, and metrics
- Identify innovation methods, tools, and reference resources that can be leveraged by ideators and innovators across the BU
- Act as the evangelist to drive adoption of the innovation process and for various associated innovation methods to be leveraged within the organization
- Regularly report performance against metrics, organizational learning, success stories, status, and impact to the BU leadership team
Lead training and innovation consulting across Tax & Accounting:
The Director of Innovation will create and lead a community of Innovation Catalysts, individuals representing the breadth of TRTA businesses and functions
- Train Innovation Catalysts innovation processes, methods to enable them to facilitate and lead innovation activities within their areas
- Engage regularly with Innovation Catalysts to continually educate them while gathering feedback on innovation activities, impact, success stories, and program improvement opportunities
- Leads/facilitate unique senior management innovation workshops to foster convergent/divergent thinking around new product/service ideation/ business model innovation for the future.
- Provides consulting support to the business units around the innovation tools.
Define process to track innovation pipeline and monitor activities:
The Director of Innovation will define a robust process to define and measure innovation activities across the organization.
- Establish operational and financial innovation metrics to measure and track the health of the innovation pipeline and appropriate resource allocation.
- Work with Finance to create process, metrics and dashboards to guide management of the process, and pipeline including status and successes.
- Coordinate with other entities at Thomson Reuters Corporate level, including the Catalyst Fund, TR Innovation group, TR innovation labs and other centres of expertise, and to BU/Functional level funding administrators to ensure various resource allocation mechanisms are in place to drive growth.
Support execution of major innovation projects:
The Director of Innovation will collaborate with BU and functional teams on major innovation projects to advance ideas/projects through to commercialization.
- Provide hands-on involvement alongside BU/functional teams
- Consult and facilitate application of innovation methodologies and tools on key projects.
Collaboratively support pan-TRTA Innovation work streams and initiatives:
The Director of Innovation will liaise with other TR units on aligning and sharing innovation best practices and coordinate cross company innovation projects.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Director of Innovation will have significant experience promoting and leading innovation within an organization and/or within a consulting firm.
- 10 years of professional experience.
- 5 years of experience leading innovation processes and teams
- Experience with different types of innovation
- Experience working across a matrixed organization
- Experience presenting and working with senior management
- Good knowledge of innovation tools and techniques for prototyping and experimenting new ideas
- Familiar with the latest evolutions in technology and the possibilities they open for innovation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top