Director, Information Security Training and Awareness
The person in this role will support and manage strategies that transform the way the organization thinks and behaves when it comes to information security globally. This role will focus on initiatives and projects that educate all staff about their role in making information security a core part of how they operate. Working with external vendors to develop custom training materials tailored to specific audiences across Thomson Reuters. This person will manage a team of highly motivated energetic members focused on raising the awareness and knowledge base of information security.
This role requires a person who thrives on working in unchartered territories, successfully flexing with change and eagerly embracing challenging and interesting work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and maintain complex, enterprise-wide, risk-based information security awareness campaigns and projects in support of the culture transformation initiative
- Develop and manage surveys to measure the impact/effectiveness of awareness and culture projects; collect, analyze and interpret data in order to make recommendations
- Support and assist with the existing information security evangelist program, bringing new ideas and approaches for its continued success
- Design, develop and deliver information security presentations and communication materials
- Manage and support role-based and/or mandatory eLearning courses as needed
- Partner closely with the CTO's of each business to understand specific security training required for their team members
- Influence and educate broader leadership team about information security best practices and safety
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Undergraduate degree required
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive work experience in Information Security or Technology developing awareness programs and deliverables
- Experience working with computer-based training development tools and learning management systems
- Proven ability to confidently speak and present publicly
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight and competitive deadlines
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, management and staff, and internal & external business partners and vendors
- Ability to collaborate, influence and/or lead efforts as required
- Enthusiastic - must be high-energy, motivated and driven to help your team excel
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills - must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution
- Understand that your role in the organization is broader than the details included in this particular job description
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- PMP or CISM certification
- Experience in communications, human behavior or related field
- Knowledge about information risks and the different elements that make up risk
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top