Director, Global Vendor Master
The Director, Global Vendor Master manages the ownership of vendor data as an asset of the business, and acts as the key liaison between the business data owner, Sourcing, ARIBA Supplier Enablement Team, Enterprise Compliance Management, Enterprise Process Owners, Accounts Payable and MIS/IT personnel (who are responsible for development and maintenance of Enterprise systems). Overall, the objective is to maintain and manage Thomson Reuters vendor data and data quality within our Vendor Master, lead the vendor data strategy and ensure oversight of all vendor maintenance activities, carried out by internal Thomson Reuters staff or our managed service provider, including ensuring adherence to associated Thomson Reuters policies.
Primary Objectives are:
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the organization for management of vendor data within all systems that store or reference vendor data
- Define and manage vendor data strategy globally
- Develop and implement processes to record and maintain high quality vendor master data ensuring alignment with upstream and downstream activities
- Ensure timely and accurate creation or modification of vendor data while ensuring adherence to internal controls and associated Thomson Reuters policies
- Ensures that the outcomes delivered by Thomson Reuters managed service provider for Accounts Payable are in alignment with expected outcomes
- Define create and monitor vendor data quality and metrics
- Identify and execute vendor data quality initiatives globally for Thomson Reuters
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Directly manages the Vendor Maintenance team in Costa Rica (responsible for LATAM vendor maintenance activities) which includes Operations, Reporting, Process and Governance Administration and manages the outcomes from managed service providers (who are responsible for vendor maintenance activities in the rest of the world)
- Directly manages the outcomes that are required to be delivered by the TR Accounts Payable managed service provider and exercises oversight over the activities of the managed service provider's vendor maintenance team
- Ensures adherence to Thomson Reuters vendor data governance and vendor screening policies.
- Manages efforts related to the storage, definition, structure and use of vendor data
- Presents to senior management on status of data quality / update on key initiatives and customer insights
- Regularly works with Enterprise Compliance, the ARIBA Enablement team and Sourcing to understand critical data needs, related issues and ensuring alignment with vendor data related process within their scope.
- Sets direction for data quality including identifying new/key initiatives
- Devises methodologies for acquiring, using, and managing vendor data.
- Reviews and implements appropriate measures in responding to privacy and other legislative guidelines relating to vendor data and its use
- Defines the acceptable data quality level based for the specific following areas:
Capacity of the Data to support Business Processes
Level of duplicates
Vendor data privacy
Vendor hierarchy considerations
- Leads periodic data quality surveys. The objectives of the surveys are to measure the standardization of the data, the accuracy of the information, the level of duplicates, and the capacity of the data to support business processes.
- Defines business cases/plans, resources and budgets for data improvements
- Manages relationships with external vendor data companies as appropriate
Scope and Impact
- This role will have a global remit including engaging with key stakeholders within Sourcing, and TR General Counsel
- The role includes staff management responsibilities (currently a team of 3 ) and managing the outcomes from managed service providers
- Strong influencing skills
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements;
Relationships: Internal / External
- Frequently interacts with peers within the function, key business partners outside the function as well as managed service providers to ensure that vendor maintenance obligations continue to be met
- Owns Accounts Payable Vendor Maintenance relationships with the ARIBA Enablement team & Enterprise Compliance Management
- Ability to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Relevant university/ college degree mandatory, degree preference in Finance, accounting, business or economics
- 10 years of related business experience
- MBA , qualified or part qualified accountant desirable
- Experience of successfully cleaning up a vendor database and continuously maintaining the integrity of the vendor database on an ongoing basis in a multinational environment
- Core understanding of data management issues; working knowledge of data architecture, and data modeling
- Knowledge of processes and technologies supporting data quality
- Knowledge on data structuring and reporting
- Comprehensive expertise on data improvement methodologies
- Data De-duplication Software
- Database and file manipulation and maintenance
- Familiarity with business strategies as they are dependent on and impacted by the availability and quality of vendor data
- Proven ability to work with outsourcing partners to ensure that contracted outcomes are delivered
- Must have experience of managing and maintaining vendor master data in SAP and ARIBA
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work with time sensitive deadlines and multiple projects at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability in managing a team and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and lead business process efforts utilizing project management skills and effective team communication.
- Ability to work virtually, across time zones with multiple nationalities.
- Ability to collaborate and influence in a global environment
- Strong customer service mindset
- Skilled in negotiating and collaborating on complex situations to provide optimal resolution for the business while still ensuring adherence to associated policies and standards
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrates business acumen
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top