Director, Global Partnerships
Business Unit: Customer Propositions
Department: Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the Role
The Global Proposition Marketplace team is responsible for driving strategy and growth of the Thomson Reuters strategic partnership business through management of existing partnership relationships and initiation of new partnerships (both inbound and outbound) in support of our 2020 strategy. The Global Partnership Director will manage our Premier Plus Partners working directly with sector/ proposition leads to develop new partnership strategies and relationships as well as integrations and capabilities to expand Thomson Reuters' platform, footprint and revenues globally.
Location: Tokyo, reporting to the Head of Partner marketplace in Hong Kong
- Drive strategic engagement and commercial relationships with our Premier Plus partners, executing on strategy and adoption of the Elevate segmentation program.
- Build, lead and help execute strategic account plans, liaising with sector and senior management to collaborate on strategy and drive strategic outcomes.
- Establish C-suite level dialogue and relationships with both partner and TR executive sponsor.
- Work with Thomson Reuters executive sponsors, market development organization and global account teams to drive customer opportunities to partners for delivery of partner-enabled sales
- Deliver thought leadership and drive proactive, industry-changing insight to increase Thomson Reuters relevance and credibility.
- Act as advocate for partners within Thomson Reuters, and Thomson Reuters ambassador within partner enterprises, driving product innovation to address Thomson Reuters clients' short and long term requirements.
- Drive business development, associated marketing and go-to-market activities for both new and existing partners, to achieve sales and non-financial objectives.
- Identify, negotiate and deliver partnership opportunities that align with both partner and Thomson Reuters business objectives, engaging required global internal and external resources to successfully and repeatedly meet client needs with quality results.
- Build deep understanding of partners' businesses and value propositions; identify changing market needs and opportunities. Develop extensive relationships within partner sales, marketing and product management organizations.
- Drive partner relationship awareness both internally and externally via marketing and industry-Thomson Reuters events, sales campaigns, etc.
- Leverage business analytics to forecast and track performance indicators to identify "white space" opportunities and meet revenue objectives.
- Own contract management activities, driving all negotiations and drafting of proposals, term sheets, issuance of notifications, and other legal communications as required through coordination with Legal, Governance Committee, Rights Management, Finance, and Market Development.
- Communicate and educate stakeholders on key partner selling strengths, differentiating products, significant developments, competitive plays, and replicable wins.
- Tightly align with Go To Market/Market Dev teams to ensure joined up approach for account planning and voice of the customer views and ask into partner propositions.
- Help refine processes, procedures and tools that are leveraged to facilitate both inbound and outbound partnerships.
- Drive cost savings for external acquired content, working with sector leads to identify low impact and non-required data.
- Manage commercial negotiations for both inbound and outbound partners.
- Deliver against Proposition content strategy for inbound content partnerships.
- 5-10 years of Financial/Capital Markets experience, with a focus on strategic business development and relationship management.
- Domain Expertise in at least one of the following:
- Trade Transaction lifecycle and end to end knowledge of trading solutions
- Asset Management
- Trading regulation and Compliance
- Exchange Sourced Market Data (commercial and technical)
- Buy-side and Sell-Side relationship structure
- Cross-Asset experience
- Experience working with Partners and Partner solutions.
- Fluent spoken and written English & Japanese.
- Strong understanding of data redistribution and re-vending rules and agreements.
- Ability to understand partner solutions from a technical perspective inclusive of software, infrastructure and client access/delivery.
- Must have a successful track record in working with clients/partners in a consultative manner to understand workflow and deliver partner solutions.
- Cost-modeling experience.
- Successful track record with business development and development of strategic propositions for consultative sales.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills are essential.
- Strong organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to build to build and present presentations to prospective partners and internal audiences, including senior management and peers across teams.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Global Trading Strategies understanding inclusive of Pre-Trade Risk,TCA and Best execution.
- Broad understanding of compliance and regulatory rules by region.
- High level understanding of service desk and service models and how these are impactful to partnerships.
- Cross-asset class experience and the ability to identify partners strengths/weaknesses in each.
- Strong external relationships and ability to develop new relationships.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top