Director, Environmental, Health & Safety (Americas)
As a member of the Americas Real Estate and Facilities Team, this position is responsible to ensure the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Plan encompassing compliance and best practices are in place and improving across the Americas Region. The job entails partnership with internal and external team members – specifically IFM (Integrated Facilities Management) providers, business operations, legal, risk management, finance, energy management and corporate responsibility. The position is accountable for the management of Environmental, Health and Safety policies and practices, consistent with established regulatory and industry practices. Role will also be primary expert to lead issue resolution when situations arise. Key for success will be the ability to operate in a matrixed organization and continue the integration of EH&S with other internal functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS:
The position is accountable for partnering throughout the company to improve EHS culture, analyze performance, perform to KPIs and develop policy and procedures. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive alignment with global regions and other Thomson Reuters EH&S experts
- Support and partner with the regional IFM service providers in the development and accomplishment of plans, objectives and agreed targets
- Develop and administer Partner KPIs and performance improvement
- Develop and/or manage mitigation plans in line with business requirements, legal and best practice obligations
- Conduct plan reviews, data analysis and metric management on EH&S matters
- Complete audits, develop recommendations, implement corrective actions and manage follow up
- General Project management activities (progress reports, business case development and management and programmatic status reporting)
- Special projects (e.g. acquisition/disposition due diligence, property due diligence, Incident Management, etc.)
- Partner with others to manage and update policies and procedures
- Assist Risk Management and Insurance with claims management and risk identification and resolution
- Oversee government reporting and resolution of any deficiencies
- Manage Environmental due diligence, environmental remediation
- Deal with Federal, State, Regional and Local government agencies on EH&S matters
- Review and approve internal Training programs
- Oversee environmental engineering, industrial hygiene and occupational safety matters
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- EH&S Compliance across the Americas region
- State of EHS management systems - including policies, procedures, standards and processes
- Project outcomes – aligned with business cases, project plans and industry metrics
- Implementation of proactive programs to reduce injuries and injuries, managing project and budgets
- Leadership and support to the Regional Global Real Estate & Facility Management collegues
- Ensure EH&S performance is measured, monitored and communicated to senior management and stakeholders to drive continual improvement
- Reporting and improvement of EH&S performance at site, country and regional level
- Communication to maintain staff awareness on EH&S reinforcement of positive EH&S culture
- Assistance provided to Security and Incident Management teams responding to emergencies by providing specialist advice and assistance on all aspects of EH&S, act as the subject matter expert
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- A minimum of a BS/BA and certifications in Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental Science/related discipline. Masters preferred.
- Relevant experience with an emphasis in EHS program management and employee training
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required given technical nature of subject matter. Proactive communication skills are a requisite in establishing and maintaining customer confidence developing key relationships
- Ability to travel 20% of the time to other Thomson Reuters sites
- Track record of interpersonal communications, partnership principles, technology system competence and leadership to ensure a productive and effective operation
- Working knowledge of EHS science and engineering, fire protection, electrical safety, ergonomics, infectious diseases
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top