Director, Decision Support Finance
We are currently seeking a Director, Decision Support within the Corporates Segment Finance group at Thomson Reuters. The role will be based in Dallas, TX, and will report to the Vice President, Decision Support & Investment Strategy. The role will be responsible for coordinating and leading segment review presentations materials including quarterly operating reviews/annual plan reviews/strategy reviews/other misc updates, proposing and developing financial metrics and analytics that drive key decision making across the Corporates segment, serving as the lead Corporates liaison with our COE and TR Corporate finance partners, and leading the design and implementation of new processes across the segment. The Director may also be called upon to help drive our investment prioritization decision making, business case development, and capital investment progress tracking.
Many of our projects originate from ad-hoc requests from Corporates segment leadership including the President and CFO, and the VP of Finance Decision Support. Some of these projects will turn into regular, recurring analyses and updates. Examples of possible projects include implementing a systematic approach to tracking major cost savings initiatives, develop business cases for key initiatives, tracking and reporting on performance of existing business cases, identifying, formulating, tracking and presenting Key Performance Indicator metrics and dashboards.
The Director role will manage a team of two (Sr Manager + Sr Analyst). The Director is expected to take full ownership of projects in some cases, which will require the successful candidate to be creative and have the ability to "think on his/her feet", while in many other instances the Director will support the VP, Finance Decision Support on various analyses.
- Serve as Decision Support lead in Dallas
- Head liaison to COE finance teams, TR Corporate and O&E finance teams
- Manage deck preparation and supporting analysis for all recurring and ad hoc segment operational reviews
- Pull the segment story together for monthly forecasts, close, quarterly and annual updates including variance commentary, drivers of forecast, risks and opportunities and mitigation/enablement plans
- Propose and implement innovative performance measurements that drive decision making
- Analyze capital and expenses to support overall decisions regarding margins and other business objectives
- Provide operations management with financial information to make business performance assessments and capital investment decisions through the use of sensitivity, pro forma and cause-and-effect analysis.
- Develop and review business case and financial justification for capital expenditure requests, headcount, allocations, and other decision support activities (eg Cash Flow, Internal Rate of Return)
- Coordinating finance deliverables and calendar across the Corporates segment
- Ad hoc analysis as and when needed.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Accounting or Finance); MBA strongly preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to drive a project without close guidance or supervision
- Excellent communication and people skills; Ability to openly and confidently converse and negotiate with senior management and all areas of the business
- Extremely organized and have the ability to multi task and prioritize as regular course of action
- Ability to synthesize information and present results in a clear and concise manner to senior executives
- Proven track record of managing teams and developing talent
- Excellent technical, modelling analytical skills
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting; former experience in corporate finance strongly preferred
- Expert level with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Financial systems experience a plus
- 10+ years of relevant corporate finance experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top