Director, Data Center Architecture (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Data Center Services and Infrastructure Architecture group is organized into 4 teams that are collectively responsible for defining architecture standards for Thomson Reuters strategic data centers worldwide. Our Director of Data Center Architecture will lead the team responsible for architecture for our managed estate running on Thomson Reuters owned and operated infrastructure. They will keep architecture standards current and ensure high quality service while reducing cost and complexity and provide leadership for our stakeholders - Data Center Operations, Business Units, and Platform Teams - to develop strategies for transitioning from non–standard platforms to standard services, Vendor-as-a-Service, or public cloud.
- Direct the evolution of technology standards as required to maintain stability and reduce maintenance costs
- Engage consumers of IT infrastructure and the Data Center Service Planning organization to understand business requirements and ensure that chosen architectures achieve the desired outcomes
- Drive architectures that facilitate migration from non-standard platforms to standard services, Vendor-as-a-Service and cloud.
- Ensure that existing and new services provide the required level of security by effective teaming with the Thomson Reuters security organization
- Ensure that the introduction of new infrastructure and services and evolution of those that exist is well coordinated with data center engineering and executed in an efficient and timely manner
- Achieve the optimal tradeoff between too much and too little process to increase productivity without compromising essential governance
- Interface with Data Center Operations and Service Strategy, Design & Assurance for tactical and long-range planning to maintain the future roadmap for data center infrastructure and services
- Provide governance for the ongoing evolution of the taxonomy for the ServiceNow catalog
- Influence the evolution of financial practices for BoIT to motivate efficient use of IT infrastructure and services so that consumers operate in the best interest of Thomson Reuters
Scope and Impact
- Accountable for designing infrastructure and service architectures that achieve required service levels for performance, availability, agility and security
- Responsible for leading and promoting the ongoing career development of an experienced team of architects
- Enables the Data Center organization to achieve service level goals by designing architectures that reduce complexity and provides stable and reliable quality of service
- Enables Thomson Reuters to accomplish financial goals by setting architecture standards that reduce operating costs and drive high customer retention rates by providing superior service
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent level of experience
- 8 years progressive infrastructure technology experience
- Experience in an architect role in two or more of the following areas: virtualization, storage, relational database, big data, containers, cloud services, or security
- Experienced in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies and software development tools.
- 3 years experience leading and developing high performing teams (direct reports)
- Clear understanding of IT services and a services mindset
- An understanding of ITIL and operational support
- Strong technical aptitude database, platforms, operating systems, network, etc.
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with various audiences, from engineers to executives
- Proven ability to be a thought leader during significant change
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic environment with a high degree of flexibility and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize the delivery of projects in an environment where opportunities for improvement far exceed the resources available to execute
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top