Director - Customer Risk Technology
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Director - Customer Risk Technology
Business Unit: Finance and Risk Technology
Product or Service: Development of strategic Customer Risk application – World Check One
This is a role within the Risk Technology organization, supporting for the technical development for the strategic Customer Risk products. This role is responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Customer Risk Technology. The role holder will be required to engage with and work closely with the Product Management and Development teams within Risk.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Execute against the plan to build best in class Customer Risk Technology assets:
- Implement and contribute to the strategy for the Platform and provide strong technology support to ensure successful development and execution of Customer Risk Technology development delivered globally
- Provide input to the creation and prioritization of technology requirements that support the defined proposition plan for Customer Risk Technology
- Provide oversight of the preparation of technology-specific requirement specification (PRS) – inclusive of detailed end-user workflow and needs/demands specifications
- Sponsor product fixes, enhancements, and upgrades through direct, frequent, and regular contact with Technology Leads, Product Management and Proposition teams
- Contribute to the definition of the Next Generation Platform
Support the reduction in cost of existing infrastructure, maintenance and enhancements through simplification, leveraging of central systems and embracing new technologies and automation.
Support technology development agility and time to market; shut down legacy infrastructures and migrate customers to strategic platform.
Partner with the Architecture Team within F&R and pan TR, to ensure technology design fits with existing product architecture and future technology strategy;
Partner with Operations and Network teams pan TR to create a long term strategy to incorporate new standards for hardware, shared infrastructure and third party software components.
Line management responsibility of all team leads involved in the development of World Check One product.
Ensures allocation of resources is aligned with business priorities and identify solutions for the optimal utilisation of resources.
- Senior Leadership Team in Finance and Risk Technology Group
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- Proposition & Product Management
- Program Office
- Business Operations
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management teams and part
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate drive and commitment to the creation and delivery of platforms to support risk technology
- Takes ownership for dependent technologies and services, representing the overall technology to the customer
- Understands criticality of service provision to the customer, takes proactive preventative steps, and responds immediately and with urgency to service issues
- Creativity and innovation: maintain an innovative mindset whilst operating with a set of defined internal and external communication processes. Challenge the teams to achieve continuous improvement around process, development methodologies, quality assurance automation and coverage and overall efficiency supported by the appropriate metrics
- Customer centric. Promote a customer awareness culture within the team. Foster a culture of innovation and encourage staff to think differently in finding solutions to delight customers
- Drive execution in a complex organization: Anticipates and probes issues and contingencies with the early involvement of others, creating a culture that translates strategies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables. Drives accountability and makes timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues and opportunities
- Delivery: Ability to understand the business and practices of a global organization and to deliver to demands in an agile way that meets customer demands. Accountable to ensure technology is aligned with product architecture both existing and future strategy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: (market analysis, requirements definition, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility; demonstrates confidence to navigate the matrix and identify key stakeholders and their respective needs
- Communication: Ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non technologists. Proven ability to translate the vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction
- Build talent
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters: In strategy, markets and competitive landscape
- Background in product and development lifecycles – across product definition, software development, production implementation and support operations
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in financial Services
- Experience working within a global organization with a track record of being able to set priorities and respond to changes rapidly
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment with a global team
- Positive attitude and high energy level with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Computer Science four year or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Advance technical and/or business degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top