Director, Corporate Compliance
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: UK Corporate Finance
We have an opportunity for a Director role on our Corporate Compliance & Audit team in the area of internal controls compliance. Corporate Compliance & Audit is comprised of internal audit and corporate compliance and forms part of a central corporate function.
Position Title: Director, Corporate Compliance – International Region
Location: London, UK
The role will be responsible for:
- Managing the Corporate Compliance team for the International Region.
- Assisting with Corporate Compliance & Audit's implementation, coordination and execution of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act s404 requirements across Thomson Reuters.
- Ensuring that the key internal controls for the International Region are adequately:
- Tested; and
- Remediated (if necessary).
- Performing ad hoc projects, as needed.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide guidance to the businesses and external service providers for compliance with the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley Act s404 requirements.
- Guide and assist the businesses and external service providers in their evaluation of the design effectiveness and documentation of key internal controls.
- Guide and assist the businesses and external service providers with process and control reviews and in updating the key internal controls based on relevant business and change initiatives.
- Develop and review key internal control test plans.
- Manage and perform testing of key internal controls to evaluate operating effectiveness.
- Monitor the remediation of any control deficiencies for retesting.
- Facilitate the planning, walk-through reviews, and testing of our key internal controls by the external auditor.
- Drive project initiatives, as deemed necessary.
- Ability to work across various internal functions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in the relevant industry.
- Experience in internal controls compliance and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act s404.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications,
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience in working independently and directly with senior management teams.
- Process and detailed oriented.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to present to senior level executives.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Personally motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%).
- Educated to degree level.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified (or equivalent considered a plus).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top