Director, Cloud Security Architect
Thomson Reuter's Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a strategic, innovative change agent to drive security design principles and requirements into cloud architecture. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and dedicated business unit cloud architects to implement security into disparate solutions. This role will be responsible for baking security policy, best practices and guidance across our cloud estate.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to understand and explain strategic security issues to audiences of mixed technical abilities. A passion and solid understanding of cloud technologies, open-source, and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic agile environment. Able to deal with innovative ideas and solutions, while remaining grounded in solid security practices.
- Significant hands on software engineering experience
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Experience leading a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with automation, monitoring
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Java and object oriented development experience
- Python, Ruby or other scripting language experience
- Bachelor's degree in an IT discipline
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- 2+ years in banking or a significantly financially-regulated organisation
- Successful candidate should be passionate about open source software and sharing information. For example, this may include presenting at conferences or working collaboratively within Thomson Reuters.
- Successful candidate enjoys learning and working closely with subject matter experts in diverse areas such as microservice architectures, big data, low latency financial services' products, and a production studio.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and associated control environments
- Industry-related certifications such as CISSP or Amazon Certified Solutions Architect preferred
- Familiarity with security automation tools for cloud resources such as AWS, Azure, and Office365
- Good business acumen with a successful track record in aligning to business drivers
- Strong Report writing and document creation skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Team player with ability to execute in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Proven track record of problem solving and creative thinking
- Exceptional communication skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top