Director, Client Operations (TRSS)
Director – Client Operations Description
The main goal of this role is to help drive sales and client retention across the business development organization. The role involves creating & leveraging strong partner relationships, directly assisting the business development directors with strategic/complex opportunities, and working with the senior leadership team to establish scalable sales and client retention infrastructure. The right candidate must be sales savvy with the ability to work with in complex environments and thrive on a team.
- Manage all third party relationships to drive TRSS sales; this includes establishing appropriate contractual relationships and negotiating terms for internal and external partners.
- Collaborate closely with Business Development team to recommend changes for process improvement to increase client satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Leadership to design programs and processes that align with long term organizational business goals.
- When needed, support Business Development team with presentations, written proposals and subject matter expertise for TRSS solutions;
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position TRSS value-added solutions;
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer TRSS's unique capabilities and value proposition;
- Attain assigned client retention and sales goals;
- Top Secret Security clearance required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years Business Development experience in the Department of Defense and National Intelligence Community required
- 5-10 years of Program/Project management experience delivering on large scale Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) vehicles required
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client's organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Public records/open source data experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with procurement listing and tracking tools such as FedBizOps, Deltek or INPUT.
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings, and to customer locations
- Proficient in web-based demo platforms, MS Office/internet
- Must be able to travel to customer locations and company meetings (car and limited airplane travel)
- Able to carry company materials (to include laptop, marketing material, etc.)
- Able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer
- Able to use the phone
At Thomson Reuters Special Services, a subsidiary of Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters Special Services, a subsidiary of Thomson Reuters, is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters Special Services can be found on www.TRSSLLC.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2015 fiscal year (October 1, 2014-September 30, 2015).
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top